FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:38:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heater Core Repair  (Read 3144 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:50:47 PM »

Hi All
I have a Nasco Warm A Ride Heater that has two very minor leaks in the core (pressure tested) the bloke at the radiator shop beleives that it can not be repaired as he does not think it can be taken apart. As I am no expert can anyone offer some advise  Huh

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »

Your radiator guy is 100% correct - I have never met a radiator guy yet who can fix one of these when they are leaking inside the core.
The whole thing needs to be pulled apart in order to repair it.

Ken
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
+1

Hi All
I have managed to stumble accross this website, with out making contact it would seem that I have found replacement cores and more for our circular core heaters, (SMITH)
http://www.claytoncc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=37

Smiths Replacements

Clayton manufacture a special range of the copper circular heat exchanger specifically to fit Smiths heaters on a replacement basis. Various versions and sizes are available to suit the various originals.

Motors, fans, and backplates are also available, as long as you have a serviceable front plate with doors, a new (improved!) heater can be built. For the purists this is virtually  indistinguishable from the original  (until you feel the heat when you turn it on……….)

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »

The appropriately named Holden in the Uk do them as well...pretty expensive though:

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayAgroups.asp?sg=1&pgCode=083&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Heaters+&+Electrical+Fans

Cottles Bridge, VIC
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »

This problem arises a lot when people fit a red motor or V8 or whatever else thats not a grey motor running a 4LB radiator cap extra pressure on a 50 year old heater core tends to find the leaks..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: