FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:02:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rare Spares FC Holden Rear Shackles  (Read 4236 times)
stephen

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

Rare Spares rear Shackle Pins & Bushes..
Due to a sqeak in the rear end I decided to repace the passenger side rear shackle rubbers and pins .. about 12 months ago I replaced one side with a Repco red neoprene set of shackles, but decided to do both sides, and use Rare Spares reproduction shackles sets, as they were more original looking .. the rears went in smoothly, and as usual the fronts were more difficult,.. I have fitted probably 20 or 30 sets of these fronts in about as many years, and usually pull the pin thru with the nut,.. but before fitting I checked the Forum and found that they strip the thread, so used 'G' clamps instead,.. more awkward but worked in the end, so imagine my surprise when I did the nut up after all this and it stripped Huh? CHEAP CHINESE CRAP.. I do not blame Rares in QLD where I bought them from on Ebay, (as it saved me petrol, I thought, but postage was more than Aust Post charged anyway ).. No problems with Sandi at Rares in Qld, but have had NO WORD or REFUND from their head office ( who were going to test them) after 2 months and a couple of emails .. MY advice for what it's worth is get Repco parts for your shackles .. Regards Stephen  
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »

Stephen, yours is not the first time I have heard this and I have raised the issue with Rare Spares. I supplied a genuine front bolt and they did have it tested and it was found to be the same grade steel as what they are using in the repro.
Maybe the thread is being cut to deep or is not right in some other way - I would have thought the thread would be cut using a standard die, but I will continue to investigate.

Ken
stephen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »

Hi Ken .. thank you for the reply and confirmation ..  lets hope that the problem can be rectified  .. Regards Stephen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: