FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frank  (Read 260775 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2013, 06:18:17 AM »

The booster is from a Datto 180B.

Upon closer inspection, it's a booster from a 200B.

Cheers,

Josh.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »

Probablly a 200B Booster commodore cylinder bolts straight to it.

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »

Spot on, Pete.
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »

Magic, thanks very much guys. Not an easy item to find these days I imagine? Regards, Martyn
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »

It was surprising easy to find, Martyn. Mine came from the local wrecker, a 5 minute drive away  Wink
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »

Got a bit more done this evening. I started polishing the webers
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »

...and the front brakes are in place, although they need to come off again, as the resident shed rats ate the rubber dust cover boots.  Angry

the steering column is up next. It got mocked up tonight. What a pain it was  Undecided
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:31 PM »

Ta for the booster info. Were you happy with performance? Regards, Martyn
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »

Nice carb setup Josh, i drove a HR van with a similar set up a few years ago and it was hard to believe it was a red it went so hard.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »

Martyn, I can't tell you about booster performance, as I haven't had it set up in a running car. Hopefully someone else who has run/is running this set up can chime in. I came across a site on the net today that may help you with a booster, although the name escapes me right now. It was FatDat or something.

Pedro, it's always great to hear positive feedback about the performance of Webers. A couple of years ago I took my FC for a spin when the new motor and Weber setup was dropped in - it was a wild bit of gear, even without a proper tune. The handling was questionable so I pulled the car apart. I'll never forget the sound of three howling webers   Cool

- Josh
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2013, 05:46:13 AM »

Looks like polishing those webers gave you wood!  Grin

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »

Finished the front brakes last night around midnight - but forgot to put the split pins in  Undecided Got the steering column in too.
The good news is that I've got an engineer involved now and he's coming out for his first look at the car tomorrow.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »

The engineer has been and gone - he was happy with most things, except the diameter of the plates for mounting the seat belts, and I can no longer have Frankenstein bolts in the B pillar for the belts. Also, the belts that I purchased from the USA aren't acceptable due to not being ADR compliant. A further concern was the departure angle - that the fuel tank would be the first thing that made contact with the ground if I was to get a flat/drive up a steep driveway.

I've had a month away from the car as it's been pretty frustrating, but I should have done my research before buying and doing anything. I'm getting back into it this weekend.

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »

Does that mean you have a plate in the 'b' pillar? If you do that properly you best get pictures. I had a guy tell me to do that and afterwards tell me he couldn't see what I did inside the pillar. Lucky it was on a standard early and I grabbed a spanner of the bench and removed the belts.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »

Hey Josh,
Dont despair mate. All engineers are different. I should know as i went through three to get mine passed. May pay to get a re inspection by another engineer even though it will cost you another fee. However, the next guy might be more lenient and in the long run cost you less. I do think that you have no alternative when it comes to the seat belt issue. regards Brett
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »

Thanks HSV - I'll take a photo of the upper B pillar when the work starts.

Thanks Brett - My plan is to find an engineer familiar with old Holdens. I understand that there are some things in the VSB that just be misinterpreted, but there are so many things that are murky and open to interpretation. Regarding the seatbelts, I've been doing some research and found a document discussing ADR's and their corresponding USA MOT equivalents - so I may be able to use my belts after all.

Another headache is track requirements. Transport want my proposed track requirements, but I don't know what they're going to be yet, as I haven't bought my new wheels in order to provide them with the info. Further, the fact that I'm running a Centura rear end means that my rear track may be governed by the Centura measurements, rather than stock FC measurements. The engineer didn't have an answer for that.  Huh Huh Huh

A further problem is the Corvette seats. The engineer says that I can't use them, as they don't have headrests. However, the transport department say that I can, as the FC is pre ADR.  Huh Huh Huh

Bloody first world problems. I should've taken up knitting or something, rather than mess around with old cars. At least I've got my Volvo to fall back on.  Undecided
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »

A further problem is the Corvette seats. The engineer says that I can't use them, as they don't have headrests. However, the transport department say that I can, as the FC is pre ADR.  Huh Huh Huh

My Bench seat doesn't have headrests  Roll Eyes

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »

My Bench seat doesn't have headrests  Roll Eyes

NES, If I had have kept a stock bench in the car it wouldn't have been an issue - it's an issue now as I've modified the car by fitting non-standard seating. 
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »

NES, If I had have kept a stock bench in the car it wouldn't have been an issue - it's an issue now as I've modified the car by fitting non-standard seating. 
Really? Good to know. My engineer more than happy with my bench seat and HK buckles. Wink

2door350

Model: FE

RAT 059

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »

vsb pretty clear on track, my experience is that you wont get away with narrower than std fc track which is 1384mm. 

4.2.9 Passenger Car Wheel Track
The wheel track of passenger cars (or derivatives) must not be increased by more than 25mm
beyond the maximum specified by the vehicle manufacturer for the particular model. This
means that the rim offset must not be changed by more than 12.5mm.
Reduction in wheel track must not be performed without approval of the relevant Registration
Authority.

But in saying that there is a grey area surrounding alternate diff track.

Track. Where non-original axle or suspension cross-member components are fitted,
the offset of the wheel in relation to the axle or hub assembly used must not be
increased by more than 12.5mm each side of the vehicle based on the specifications of
the axle components used. If an axle assembly is shortened then the track width limit
is taken as the axle manufacturers original track dimension, less the amount the
assembly has been narrowed, plus 25mm.

i'll leave it to you to interpret this.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: