FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:50:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frank  (Read 262847 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 04:55:59 AM »

I am not real sure with the ACT rules but is nitrous ok to use on your L's there?
IMO I wouldn't worry to much about a set of billets, they look a bit mid nineties, I bought a set of mags for my FE when I was 18 and then sold them to a mate who had a FC wagon when I was 19, he took them of and sold them to another guy with a torana, I ran moon disc's for a few years and then decided to have a go at making up some hubcaps, I get comments on my hubcaps everywere I go and I am glad I went that way.
If you bring it right down to the bump stops it may look cool with floating hubcaps, this is when you have your hubcap simply bolted to your stub axle, it means your front hubcaps wont move, you can hide the rears with fender skirts. in the end the car has a hovering effect as it moves along without the hubcap turning. to show of this effect you need to buy or make up some caps that features that show that the hubcap is not turnig, you can even glue on a dummy valve.
Then you can fit one of my flamethrower kits and make your hovering vehicle look rocket propelled, this will really trip out those ricer boys just before you shut em down when you open the bottle.
I hope you kick some ricer butt in your old holden, I to have a 192 in a FC, yesterday I was running a little late for a job interview when a winged honda integra tried me at a couple of sets of lights and i just kept beeting him till we came up to a set of lights were he pulled in behind me when we were off again i decided it was getting a bit risky and backed off and he went flying past at about 6000rpm, i didnt want a race, I just wanted to be on time. Dont forget you have no pollution restrictions, more cubes and less weight than a R34 GTR Skyline. I have a neighbour with a new lancer evo look alike running massive wings and wheels and a big dash board screen, he's tried to go me the other night but we both had to turn, I can't wait to see him at a red light, he has a massive tailpipe and tacho and its a 4 cyl auto probably stock as a rock from the tail pipe forward as is pretty typical with these cars. After I shut him down my other neighbour with the 59 chev can give him another show of low technology.
Dont get into to much trouble but, I lost my liscence to a total of 26 demerit points when I was on my P's with a limit of 4 and spent alot of hard earned bucks on neg driving and speeding fines wich really sucked.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 02:42:25 AM »

Hi all,

Upon looking back at the photo's, I found it hard to believe that they were taken three years ago. Where's the time gone?

In all that time (which has pretty much been last year, slotting in between uni and work), I've spent a lot of time sorting out the FC's running gear, which included revamping the FC's wiring, battery charge, and putting the car on restricted Special Interest registration, so now it comes out only on special occasions.

So, with the help of my dad, I refitted the interior, and made a false floor for the boot, with a recessed battery box. I'm in the process of making up some sides, too.

On order are a set of 15 inch ROH Venturo wheels (7 inches on the front, 8 on the rear...  Cool), and rust repairs are happening very soon.

Soon to come are lowered springs, a set of new dust seals, new wind lacing, a centre console, and, funds permitting, a Billet-esque steering wheel.

Pics will be coming soon!

This site has been amazing for people offeringideas and advice, which has helped me on many occassions to get that step closer to achieve my dream - to get my FC up to my standards and on the road!

Thanks heaps!

Josh
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 06:50:52 AM by Ol_Girl_58 » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 01:26:37 AM »

Hey everyone.

I just got my digital camera, so I thought I'd post a rew progress shots. The big news so far is that the wheels I ordered for the car came. That so far has made my year! I've had quite a lot of rust removed from the boot lip, and the bottom of the right hand rear door. The boot is full of new rare spares rubbers, polished kick strips, guard spears, and lenses.

I've owned the car for 4 years, most of which my dad and I have spent fixing the car where the previous owner thrashed it and consequently ran it into the ground.

A false floor has been made for the boot, to create a completely flat floor, and just to be a little different.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:01:58 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 01:31:38 AM »

Wheels are 15 x 7" and 8" ROH Venturos. They took quite a while, but I think It was well worth the wait. I sold the spitfires to a guy who was putting them on his 20 foot boat trailer. Best place for them, I think!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:02:28 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2005, 01:42:16 AM »

'Frank' is powered by a red 192, with a lumpy cam, redline manifold, a single Weber and Nitrous is back too. The system needs a thorough sorting out.There's a commodore radiator in there too. There's a HR disc front end that ensures the car stops, and a Borg Warner rear end with Chrysler drums. Transmission is an Mazda RX series 4 speed.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:03:01 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2005, 01:49:33 AM »

Told Ya!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:03:44 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 01:53:09 AM »

Another

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:04:20 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 01:56:12 AM »

Overkill?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:04:49 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 02:00:02 AM »

Here's the false floor, along with the battery, and the box of bits

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:05:21 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005, 02:03:15 AM »

Some of the cancer. Unfortunately there's still more...
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2005, 02:07:33 AM »

Quick pic inside. There are Nissan EXA Turbo buckets, along with an EK column, and a Skyline heater. The car also runs a Commodore electronic ignition. Inside still needs quite a bit of sorting.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:06:08 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2005, 02:16:01 AM »

Out the back...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:06:55 PM by customFC » Logged
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »

And there you go.

That as it is for the time being, although there is still a lot to do.

I am saving for a respray at the moment.I'm aiming for two-tone green, which should happen at the end of the year/early next year.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and shared their wisdom. Is has been greatly appreciated and both myself and my dad have learnt a great deal. I think the FC has almost weaned him off his Mini fetish!

Thanks,

Josh

(ol Girl)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:07:28 PM by customFC » Logged
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2005, 05:51:36 AM »

Hey Josh.
Car is coming along nicely.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Regards
Alex

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 09:08:32 AM »

Hi all.

All of my previous pictures have disappeared since the site has been "redeveloped", so I thought I'd post a new picture.

Aesthetically, the car hasn't been altered, but now has a peep mirror and half moon headlight covers. I now have a half leather wrapped billet steering wheel, an FC bonnet mascot, and a few other things to be installed, along with door and boot rubber, dust strips, and kick plates.

Soon to come are a few more inches out of the suspension and maybe a rear venetian, but the jury is out on that one. What do you guys (and girls) think? Venetian or not?

I haven't driven the car "properly" for roughly two years - the car is in Hobart and I have been in Launceston studying at University - thankfully I graduate this year (two weeks to go  Grin) and I'll get back into the car. I've missed it heaps!

When I went back to Hobart last weekend the battery was dead, I found a hole in the exhaust pipe and cobwebs in the engine bay, but they're the least of my worries. There's still a bit of rust in the lower rear and front quarters, sills, doors and left hand A pillar. Other than that, it's all pretty straight.

Over the last two years whilst I've been away I've been planning what I'm going to do with the car - initially it was going to be a 50's/60's custom, but my ideas have since evolved. I am looking at a "pro-tourer" concept - but sticking with 15 inch wheels and updating the suspension and brakes, and considering dropping a mid 90's/early 00's BMW straight six into the engine bay. I'll have the money to get things happening  Wink

All of this, whilst keeping the exterior as conservative as possible. That'll fix 'em  Cool Cool Grin 

I can't wait for Summer, this FC's going to be doing a lot of cruising!
Cheers,

Ol Girl 58
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 10:09:38 PM »

Hey Josh.
As I said a few years back...."Car is coming along nicely."
Great to see some renewed enthusiasm for the car.

I went back and restored your pics for you as well.  Cool

Regards
Alex

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »

Thanks for restoring my pictures and kind words, Alex.

My enthusiasm never waned - it increased more than anything - as I have had time out from the car I have been able to collect ideas. The good thing is that I haven't spent a huge amount transforming the car into a certain "style" just yet - I'm just waiting and collecting ideas.

As much as I like the old-school look, I also like the idea of modern running gear.

The cars that have had the biggest impact on me include
* Blue FJ that was in Street Machine a few years back, powered by a BMW M3 motor
* EH Holden in Street Machine early this year (?) powered by a Nissan Skyline GTR motor
* Yellow HR in Street Machine a few years ago powered by a VL Turbo motor

I want my car to look understated and conservative, but have the power to surprise a few people (including myself).

Cheers,

Josh 
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 09:24:22 AM »

The M3 motor would be the ducks nuts.. although I'd hate to be pricing out parts for it.
that FJ is stuck in my mind too.

Had the pleasure to take a new BMW 335i (twin turbo 3.0L 6) for a couple of days while the missus had her X3 in for a service... WOW  it's my new dream car.

the BMW 6 is a sweet sweet donk.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »

Hi all,

I just thought that I'd post a few more progress shots up. Nothing huge as such, but I finally fixed the rear ride height. The rear of the car now sits two and a half inches lower than previous. A pretty good effort for 15 X 8 wheels and tyres, I think! A big thanks goes out to my mate and fellow car nut Bob (a died-in-the-wool hotrodder who is constantly pressuring me to 'chop it') - who has nicknamed the car 'arse-dragger', for obvious reason  Cool.

And finally, the car now has a billet steering wheel, which tidies up the interior quite well. Again, special thanks goes to Bob, who hand spun the aluminium/billet Boss.

Thanks for reading Wink

Kind regards,

Josh

(Ol Girl 58)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »

Great story Josh, great to see how it has progressed through the years.

Keep up the good work. Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: