FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:34:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dizzy dramas  (Read 11596 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 12:19:26 PM »

I noticed in another manual a photo of the TDC mark and the steel ball timing mark being only about 1 tooth on the ring gear apart.
If anybody has a flywheel with clear marks could they please just let me know the rough distance between theses two marks.
The marks on my flywheel are not distinct and are spread over about 50mm either side of the steel ball.

Thanks, Gary
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »

Geez,,thought there might be one good flywheel out there.

Anyway got it sorted, flywheel circumference ( less timing ball distance inside circumference) divided by 360 deg = mm per degree.
Gary.
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »

G'day Gary,
 I set my timing by driving the car, first, set it then take off through the gears and if it doesn't ping then adjust it some more. I adjust the timing a little bit at a time, then once it is pinging knock it back so it stops pinging and it is set. You need to be turning the dizzy anti clockwise to advance. If you have no distinct timing mark then it is hard to set to nothing.
If anyone thinks that i am doing this wrong please let me know, because i would hate for this to damage my engine, but i don't know of any other way.
 cheers Scotty
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »

Thanks Scotty, I did manage to get it running pretty smooth.
The guy that sorted my dizzy also sent me some 49 main jets and 60 power valves and this also helped once the base timing of 15 deg was achieved.
It finally goes well and is great to drive.
Gary
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: