FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:39:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Petes FC rebuild again  (Read 320601 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »

Finally bit the bullet gutted the old girl a fortnight ago getting back into it .
My plan this time around is to build a stealthy sleeper going back to full stock interior rubber mats the lot re cad plating everything no chrome where it should not be sunvisor rear venitians i want stock as a rock except B&m shifter.
I am running a RB26 R32 GTR Skyline motor, 2 Speed powerglide heavily worked over, vl turbo diff.

Heres what it looked like a fortnight ago. no rust well inner sills should have been done the first time so they are getting done this time around hopefully i dont ruin the NOS sill i fitted 10yrs ago.
Rb30 is out front ends out diffs out fuel tanks out car is gutted.

I was very hesitant doing another re build as the car was pretty smick but was not to the standard i wanted.

heres what it looks like today

Also got stuck into it today fitted a new tunnel

Cut whole rear floor out and i picked up a pullmax P1 machine so i made beading dies and have made a  whole new rear floor section come up very nice.

I cut a alloy semi drop tank as i do not want fuel surge this time around but will be matt black no standout items here.

Heres the new box  dellow bellhousing full manulised turbo 400 input shaft B&M large pan, some weird heavy duty clutches 3000rpm convertor aftermarket flex plate.

Also the brains turned up the new Haltech 2000 series only just released this way i can have staged boost all my thermo out puts looks nice

And last item i promise is i am fitting a new 4 link rear end i cut my brackets on my waterjet machine had to do a foreign order on it sooner or later

I want it done asap but with work and a young family this is gunna be a long project.

TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »

Holy crap Pete!I'd be glad just to get mine to the stage yours was at before you pulled it apart.I'm looking forward to your pictures though mate.Should be a very interesting rebuild.Good luck.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »

Yes its not the same going out the shed seeing old effie looking sad. but its for the better thats why i purchased all driveline so i have no choice but to get my finger out and get it done.

GM

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:53:38 AM »

Far out Pete, grass won't be growing under your feet! I haven't seen your car for some years, but I really liked it. Are you sticking with the same colours?

Cheers Glenn

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 07:07:05 AM »

Yep same again (the wife said why pull it apart if you are not changing the colour they dont understand)
I love them colours for some reason. They are the  factory colours for my car the only change will be the eh sunvisor is going to get shorter again it grabs lots of wind if.
I am chasing red and black full interior again ect even if someone wanted a tidy grey velour interion with VT trim inserts all done by eastside custon trim i will swap them Prefer late 59 with pattern embosed in top of seat but any good parts will be ok?
I have to go shopping under Nasco,s house for somne bits.

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »

Well made a bit more head way lately.

Pat gardener front end should be here this week.
Found a VL Manual rack which i didnt think were so hard to find.
VE 298mm rotors and new callipers showed up.
VS rear slotted discs turned up.
Found an original radio in mint condition.
bought a front mount intercooler to run instead of the water to air one.

ordered rubber repro floor mat out of as EK auto so i hope it clears the waddington hump.

diff is bolted in ready for the move to the new house.

will be going slow while i build a new shed.

Pete

spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 11:47:04 PM »

Hi Pete,
Nice retrotech you got goin on......I got a question regarding your steering.
What sort of rack are you putting in?.....I am having trouble putting in a racknpinion steering setup due to lack of room for clearance.
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 08:21:47 AM »

Hey Pete,

Looks like it is full on at your place at the moment. Could you do a step by step on the gardner front end fitting for others that are considering this mod.

Dean.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »

If i can find 5 minutes to fit it when it gets here i will.

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »

Well after weeks of moving i finally have the cars in a new shed just waiting on the new shed to be built 28 X 9 X 4.2 with office and mezanine. waiting on council now.

Pat gardener front end turned up 3 days after i had to move it with no front end  Lips sealed

bolted front end in and put the rack in but i cant seem to get it short enough to align the wheels will ask v6 conversions before i chop anymore off the rack ends.

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 09:55:57 AM »

Chopped off the differential off the sump yesterday

motor is in but i dont think the cloth wrapped house bricks will cut it as engine mounts.

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »

How did you go with your front end? Did you get the tie rods sorted?

Phone +64 223509263
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 10:47:27 AM »

not really put it on the back burner for a couple of weeks will get motor mounted ect first.
 its pretty damm close i cannot believe how much lock they get on their front end very impressed.

sits nice and low i have another drama put VE rotors on with callipers will have to run spacers to get the wheel to clear the calliper the disc is nearlly flush with the back of the walkinshaw spokes? im running the VE to VS big brakeupgrade kit off e bay.

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »

I wondered about the big brake kits and whether they would be a pain in the bum or not.

Phone +64 223509263
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »

My secetary has a VE ill get the spare and have a look and see whats happening.

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 06:49:20 AM »

Well finally got the sump done diff is completley gone drive shafts have been welded up.

hope it fits properly.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »

After familiarising myself with a number of threads I now declare this to be all Pedro's fault  Shocked Roll Eyes

Noice shed fella. Is that a ford there i see, was a friend over helping out ha ha. Thanks for some of your posts. After reading Pedros resto from front to back, I am thinking I will be saying for next few years "well, finally think I am getting somewhere" or words to that effect! I now have RB30, the loom, computer, 2 gearboxed (one recently reco's), already have a Salisbury V8 diff (statesman), HR front end and other bits and pieces.

Still I think about how a Lexus v8 would go in her! or another motor I really like is the 3.2ltr all alloy v6 in my rodeo, which pulls like a train!

Sometimes I still think I should bore out the 132 and fit 149 pistons or something. But go real mod in the steering, brakes and gearbox department, like a 6 speed manual...or a 12 port setup on a 202, I dunno. I have plenty of thinking to do. Plenty of rust and chassis work to do in meantime though!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »

I own the territory its new turbo model flash tuner exhaust done bigger injectors absaloutley flies.

Also got my business so i have 2 new sr5 hiluxs and a izuzu truck
also got stashed a 2nd owner HT prem with VS SS running gear in it and a EH prem sedan

Dont worry about the motor yet get rid of the rust and if you are still sane then worry about the motor.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »

sounds like good advice  Grin

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »

Nice shed Pete, looks like you need an extension though you've already filled it Wink, in the photo above you have with the RB30 you have the intake pipe and air filter setup fitted neatly in line, there is no way mine will fit like that as the VL pipe that goes over the top of the engine is too long, is yours a different one or did you modify it?. 

I now declare this to be all Pedro's fault
Yes I know, my missus has been telling me that for years Roll Eyes Grin Grin, at least you can learn from my mistakes though and save yourself a bit of grief, if I can help in any way just ask me or Pete, he's pretty cluey and has helped me out with a few problems in the past as he has done all this before(when he was 16 Shocked).
                            Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: