FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:26:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rust fe ute floor  (Read 4219 times)
Don

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »

I have my grandfathers Fe Ute the whole floor pan & sills,sub frame over rear wheels are rusted out is it worth doing up? Does a sedan floor pan fit a Ute ?
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »

Hey Don
Welcome to the forum.
Any FE FC is worth doing up, but if there is a family connection, it makes it even more so.
The sedan floor is the same as the ute.
There are several suppliers that do repair panels that can be welded in, including floor sections and sills.
Some areas may need to be fabricated though.
Strip it back and get a good look at what is needed and ask plenty of questions.
Look through the forum, this kind of repair has been done many times and there is much to be gained by searching out the info here.
The only limits are your skill levels and / or your budget $$.
Look forward to some pics and a bit more of the history of your ute.
Good luck!
Regards
Alex

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:45 PM »

Welcome "Ute Brother" as Custom FC has said definitely worth fixing ,post some photos of your Ute's rust problem areas and you will get plenty of advise which is the best way to tackle the repairs needed to get it back on the road ...also some members collect car ID information so would be great if you could post ID plate information as well as engine number and chassis number ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Don

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »

Thank for your feed back.The Ute is the 125th Ute out of Sydney. I am a real Lerner at the computer not Quite shore how to put photos on hear yet.
BLOK

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »

Hi Don i also have an fe Ute that sounds similar to yours Sills inner and outer floors and rear tray its a big build and Ive set out a couple of years to complete .If you are going to give it a go then this is the place to be Cheers and good luck GARY
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »

Thank for your feed back.The Ute is the 125th Ute out of Sydney. I am a real Lerner at the computer not Quite shore how to put photos on hear yet.

If you email the photo's to me I will be happy to put them on for you

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: