FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 12:52:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: paint and surface rust  (Read 2494 times)
BLOK

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2010, 05:47:49 AM »

Hi guys i remember reading about a disc for removing paint and rust ,i had a look the other day and there are a lot of different discs ,is there one that is recommended ,i am thinking of paint stripping first and then using a disc cheers Gary
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:52:24 AM »

G'day BLOK, they are called ripper stripper discs or sea weed discs and are made of a plastic looking material, they are absolutely wicked for removing paint etc. as they don't clog up, just remember to keep moving them around as they generate heat and can cause warping if held in one spot too long, I prefer to use a wire brush (twist type) on a 100mm grinder for the rust on mechanical/solid parts, they will strip a part back to bare metal in minutes, did my front end with one yesterday.
                     Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
BLOK

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:59:03 PM »

Great thanks pedro just what i wanted to know ill go out and track some down
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »

I use them at work also known as cut N strip discs 115mm they vary in price a lot from $23 at supercheap to $8.90 at Gasweld have seen them on e bay as well do not use on big panels like pedro said they warp stuff.

I got small ones yesterday and use them in a "ROLOC" adaptor on my 90 degree die grinder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: