FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seat sides on e bay  (Read 4945 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »

Hi I recently purchased seat sides on e bay very dissapointed they are about the thickness of a 2 litre milk bottle extremely ordinary cutting out of the plastic

Just could not find anyone to make me some fibreglass ones.
Anyone else had this problem for 230 something dollars not real happy at all.

Also purchased accelerator pedal and dash barrel lights ect surround they were ok.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »

fchoon, I assume these are the Rare Spares ones (4 pieces plus screw set). If so, I would ask what the problem is with the thickness?  They are only marginally thinner than original but won't break like originals.

The fiberglass ones in Qld are a very poor job and far inferior to the plastic ones.

If the cutting of the excess plastic has gone too far, then return them to the supplier for another set.
If the cutting is not enough then you can easily trim some more material off until you are happy.

What about the shape and the finish - Is that OK?

Ken
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:34 AM »

there was nothing to say they were rare spares ones they came from melbourne yes they had too much cut off them in some spots and one of the top rear ones had a dodgey corner. I will be intrested to see if they crack in any way.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:26:33 AM »

Take them back and point out the problem areas, I am sure Rares would rather fix the problem than have an unhappy customer spreading the word.

stapla

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

I brought some too. 

They are expensive for a few bits of plastic but once you fit them to the seat with the chrome trim they look fantastic.

Cheers
Peter
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »

I have a set of the rare spares ones, they are thinner than original though being more flexible I found this to be an advantage as they are less prone to breaking if someone sits on the edge of the seat which is what destroyed what was left of my originals in the first place.  I painted mine in acrylic to the same colour as the originals and put the stainless strips on and they look great.  If you are unhappy with the quality of the ones you received you should return or exchange for better ones
                         Cheers
                              Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: