FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:19:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know where this FC sedan went?  (Read 3221 times)
FC327

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »

Gday. I am new to the forum and I thought the best way to start would be to try and find out what happened to an FC I built in the mid 70's. I sold the car in 1977. The next owner had it for sale it in 1978. I found the add but thats about it. I will post a picture as soon as I scan the add.

My current FC I have owner for about 28years. I started the rebuild in 1981. I fitted the chev and 4 speed muncie and 9inch. Started the floor strengthening and painted it dark blue metalic. Family, house and a million other things had a higher priority. Now I looks like a good time to get the dust off the old girl and try to make her a driver. The good thing is the body is very clean and 99% rust free. The plan is to make it a driver this year.  FC 327

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »

Hey 327
Welcome to the forum.
Your current project sure sounds interesting.
It would be good to see it finally leave the garage after all this time.

re your old FC
Looks a bit like this 1...

Regards
Alex

FC327

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »

Alex It does look alot like the old girl. Is this car yours? Emmanuel
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »

Hey Emmanuel
Not my car...I wish it were.
The NSW club was formed in 1980 and over the years, I aquired some of the pics of early members, and this car was amongst these pics. It appears that they may have been provided by the then owner for the purposes of joining the club or they may have simply been provided to try to sell the car. No one knows the details of the car and I have often wondered about it, as it is a very presentable car for the times. The car does not appear in any pics of the early club runs, and when I joined the club in 1984, the car was nowhere around. I have never seen the car in my travels, and I have seen a few FC's over the years. Here is a rear view of the car, with some very distinguishable features such as no boot badge, no #plate overrider, no fuel cap or 1/4 badges and a few more.

Regards
Alex

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »

Welcome to the forum 327 I remember this car well as it sat in the driveway where I lived [dad wants to know when your getting those old FC doors out from under the house ] .....FC427...

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »

so is there a family connection here? is FC327 really FC427's little brother by 100?  Huh 

NosFEratu
FC327

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »

Alex This is my car. I remember I removed the petrol filler. The chrome brass number plate frames, The duel exhausts, Chrome dash etc. Now all I need to do is make this one better than the old girl. As FC427 joked he is my younger brother by a little less than 100.....
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:05 PM »

Hey Emmanuel
It's good to get some info on this car after looking at those pics for 26 years.
If the old girl is an example of how you build FC's, can't wait for the next.
I pity you having to grow up with Mark as an older brother..... Grin
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: