FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:23:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: push rods  (Read 2140 times)
philby26

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »

Hi guys
i was just wondering if the grey motor push rods can be still brought  as my mates fb has bent ones
is his car all them are the same. The cam was built up and grounded back to standard and now we are
thinking it may be a little oversize or maybe just weak as they were the original ones 

cheers Phill
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »

Phil,

If he has bent them all it is a fair bet that the cam that has been fitted causes the valve springs to bind, meaning that there is still travel on the cam, but the valves cannot open any further. In this case, aftermarket valve springs need to be fitted and the valve spring seats in the head need to be machined to accept the springs so that it does not bind.

To check to see if it is binding, turn the engine over by hand. If the gaps between the springs all close up so that the coils are touching each other then the springs are binding.

If you need some straight pushrods, PM me as I have some you can have to try this with.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »

There are at least 2 different lengths in the pushrods

The lifters also are 2 different types, they appear the same externally but they are 2 depths inside

Maybe he could check to see if he has, or if not get the shorter rods

Also check / get the deeper lifters

I don't think you can get new rods, you may be able to find nos lifters
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: