FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 04, 2024, 02:20:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: bailey channel ????  (Read 3258 times)
freddyc
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »

Not sure if that is what they are called. I am going to replce the channels that the windows wind up and down in, is this a hard job and any tips on how to please.
regards fred

Townsville North Queensland
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »

Removing the windows is a little tricky as they are a tight fit. Getting them back in place in the new channel is even harder. You must have the centre channel adjusting screw removed so that the channel can be flexed away a bit. Using some silicone spray also helps. Be carefull with the rear glass as it is easily scratched.
The only other thing to watch is that you trim and shape the corners carefully so that they don't look rough.
Replacing the channels themselves is quite easy - remove all the original clips and simply glue the new stuff in place.

Ken
stapla

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »

First tip is to do a search on the forum for "bailey".  There is a wealth of info going back the last 10 years or so.  I have been using this function myself a lot.

You can buy 2 types of channel.  1st type has chrome beading like original.  2nd type doesn't have the chrome beading.  Rarespares can supply the 1st type and probably 2nd type.  I think the 2nd type might be "hq style" and may be available from clarke rubber too and is a lot cheaper.

The chrome channel comes as a couple parts. 

The 1st part needs cutting in 2.  These 2 half bits are for the B Pillar and Top Channel. 

The 2nd part to be purchased is for the divider channel.

Also you may want to buy door belts (2 per door).

Previous tips from ken and others include using a 1mm cutting disk on a grinder to cut the bailey channel.  Also the chrome channel is very sharp and loves to scratch new paint.

Use liquid nails or something to glue the channel in. 

Cheers
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: