FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:28:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Smiths 'beehive' heater vent rubbers  (Read 5816 times)
johnonetrillion

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

After much searching, I found a great 'beehive' heater to put in my 57 Chevy. (Thanks to some tips from FEFC members!(

Even though it looked good, I thought I would have it re-cored and have the pipes shifted to be positioned closer to each other.

Only problem is, the radiator place has lost the two rubber parts that attach to the unit. One goes to the vent duct. The other looked to be a seal.

I know! I should have taken them off beforehand, but I thought it would be wiser to keep it all together in the box with the mounting bolts etc.

Does anyone know if these are available repro or NOS. Even good second hand?

Cheers

John
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »

Norm from Aussie Desert cooler  was making these  heaters , repo might be worth a call  Huh Huh......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
johnonetrillion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »

Thanks FC427.

The units that Norm is doing do not have any vent holes – the mould has them sealed up. (In any case, I understand the cases are not ready as yet.)

And just to be sure, it is just the rubbers that I am after. (I might not have been 100% clear on that in my original post.)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »

Not made as repro and fairly hard to source. I have a heater with these pieces missing and was thinking of making something up outa metal.
I hope the radiator shop did not give you a bill for the recore after losing part of the heater.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: