FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 12:28:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: new child restraints laws qld.  (Read 2525 times)
Just40
qld-club

Model: FE

I cant fix my brakes, so I made my horn LOUDER

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2010, 05:26:06 PM »

Taken from another site.
From 11 March 2010, it's the law for all children up to seven years of age to be correctly restrained according to their size and age. It is important that the correct child restraint is chosen and installed.

This means if you have a car without seatbelts you can not carry any child under 7 years of age in that car, even if the car does not by law require to have seatbelts.
If the child is 7 years and 1 day you can carry them,i have spent 4 hours on the phone with queensland transport and thats the law.
Now i know a few will say think of the kids well being but i restored my cars years ago to the way they came off the line, now i can let some kids in and not others.

bugger.

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 01:35:43 PM »

Huh
 I also watched an article on A Current Affair and I think you will find that it applies Australia wide.

Rusty
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

If it is only one child, fit a centre lap belt (or one front and back) as you can then take it out afterwards without and visual remains. Or am I being daft?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 12:56:05 AM »

Or am I being daft?

Do we really need to answer that one  Tongue

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:36:11 PM »

If it is only one child, fit a centre lap belt (or one front and back) as you can then take it out afterwards without and visual remains. Or am I being daft?

Paul,

If either a lap or lap sash belt is filtted you must still fit an aproved child restraint that is worn over both shoulders so that the the seat belt effectively becomes a four point safety restraint. With the lap belt this is simple enough as there are loops that the existing lap belt fits into. With the lap sash belt a buckle is fitted along the belt, effectively converting the lap sash into a lap belt, then the additional upper child restraint belt is fitted the same way.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »

I was only thinking in terms of some people may only want one belt for a short time and rather than do a full seat belt fit out, do a centre lap belt. You could add the child restraint to that and when its done (and little one grown up) you could remove the one belt without any obvious remains or marks.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: