FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 06:29:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Local rag newspaper Adelaide November 11 2009  (Read 5099 times)
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« on: November 12, 2009, 07:59:35 PM »

Topic: sixteen year old girl helps restore her grandfathers old FE.

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:07:13 PM »

Can you scan and post the article?
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 09:20:30 PM »

I can tell you a little about it - body and paint restoration on it was done recently by Crispin Classic Car Restorations (same metal man that did mine 20 years ago and will also be doing the black FE I posted on my thread the other day). The interior is original (bar replacement floor mats) and in very good nick.  It runs slightly wider rims now. It'd done around 90,000 before they restored it.

Her dad sells halogen and led replacement globes for classic and vintage cars - we picked a heap up the other day and he showed us the car while we were there. Her dad also used to own an FC wagon that Ian Hazel bought and re-did for his wife back in the 80's. http://www.classicandvintagebulbs.com/page2.html

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »

http://digitaledition.easterncourier.com.au/

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »

And the article is actually on page 18 (not 20 like it says on the front!)

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 01:03:58 AM »

I am a bit disappointed then. It reads like she did everything with a little help. Kathi makes it sound like the body was done professionally.... Maybe I am getting the wrong impression? Nice looking car tho!
 Cool

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 08:02:52 AM »

um yeah!  I read it after I'd posted my comments! Undecided  I know she was definitely "hands on" in the rebuild but I know that it was a professional job on the body and paint - and yes, Dave is one of her dad's mates.  But when was the last time you were involved in a press article where it ended up being 100% accurate?

Anyway, despite the kerfuffle, it's great that another young person, especially a female, is happy to get in there and get down and dirty with cars. And at least she knows more about her car, through her being involved in the process, and will have greater pride about it than if she was just given a car to drive around in like a lot of young kids. So, I think it's great, regardless. 

NosFEratu
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 09:18:58 AM »

it's great that another young person, especially a female, is happy to get in there and get down and dirty with cars. And at least she knows more about her car, through her being involved in the process, and will have greater pride about it than if she was just given a car to drive around in like a lot of young kids. So, I think it's great, regardless. 

yep, it's pretty good.  My 15 year old stepson, has no real interest in cars, and doesn't know the working end of a screwdriver... where did I go wrong???

in the shed
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »

Ed - you didn't tell him he wasn't allowed to touch your tools!!
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: