FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 02:24:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: my new project  (Read 116749 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »

You need to purchase a repro floor pan which is pressed up to the right shape. Using a piece of flat steel will end up as a very poor result.

Ken
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2009, 01:36:09 PM »

yep deff go and buy a floor section i tryed putting in a flat peace it didnt work that well so i cut it out again and put in a good floor pan from the spare front i had Grin and i dont know what todo about the eh i really want to keep it but a grandpa tasic ZH fairlane came out of left field that i bought

HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »

yes yes i know wat your all saying its just another rusty ford but its not! theres no rust and it drives beautiful best car ive driven and its all original never been muck around with spotles interior, power window, power seats, cold air con i mean just couldnt turn it down for 2grand
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »

the eh has toyota 4 speed 161 red that runs very well spotless y frames body is pritty good just the doors and guards letting it down its got a near new exhuast and sounds good and there is no rust in the boot and the car when new was an auto so its got the big tunnel all its missing is a radiator and tail shaft if it had them it would drive. so thats why iam in a pickle at the moment
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

and its got eh prem seats witch are worth big money to
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »

Good score on the Ford..

needs a set of airbags and wire wheels and thin whites.. cool!!

in the shed
grey58fc

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »

yeah love the ford!
hahaahh a bloke selling car parts outta the boot of one at the ballarat market had one just like it! they look tough when theyre lowered with some nice wheels!
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »

Gee, another one for the collection. The Ford would look great pimped.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »

BIG DECISION TIME!!! most people on here wont like it but its time for one to go and the one that is to go is the FE sorry guys but shes to much for me at the moment as i have 4 cars and only one of them is going at the moment and its the fairlane i don't have the money or time to fix them all and i really don't want to sell the EH because its in such good condition iam not selling the fairlane and my daliy is broken and needs more money spent on it to get it back on the road and then iam restoring an XC coupe for another bloke so its chewing up all my time and the shed is very full and its very hard to work on anything so ive decided and been thinking about this for about 4weeks the FE must go so b4 i chuck it on fleebay i thort id give one of you guys a chance to buy her and fix it up but do remember i did drive it so the motor gearbox and diff are in all good order and it is complete but it wont be going with the white wall wheels but i will put some wheels on it so it can be moved iam hoping to get $1500-$2000 but if you think thats to much then make me an offer but i will NOT accept anything under $1200 as its actually cost me a fare bit so far. and its got AMZING!!! condition front guards that have never been fixed and are almost rust free the doors are very good chrome near perfect and i personally think worth every peny so there you go. 
stapla

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »

Don't do it.  We all enjoyed your pics and story so far.

At the very least, just park it in the corner until you have the funds and time again.

Even if you sell it, $1200 - $1500 won't go that far, and you know you won't get a replacement in the same condition.
BLOK

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »

have been folowing your thread and will miss your input i hope you reconsider and keep the old girl
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »

I too, have been watching this thread with keen interest and it would be a shame to sell now. At the very least have a think over a couple of weeks and perhaps things may change. However as many have said at other times if you have to sell, then so be it. Decisions have to be made.

Good luck.

Regards Wayne
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

Ditto the above comments. When I first saw the photos of the car in the wrecking yard I thought what a job you had in front of you, then in no time flat, you had it up on wheels and progress was beng made. I followed your progress with interest, which helped keep me motivated on my car. I do hope that you reconsider the sale and do finish the car.

Best of luck with your decision, whichever way you go I know you will have some hard choices to make

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »

i knew when i wrote that i would upset a few but as you guys have said hard decisions have to be made i really didnt want to and ive have been trying to talk myself out of it alot and but my current circumstance i just can't keep them all Embarrassed it lost and only because the fairlane is regoed and a goer and currently my only means of transport and the EH has FAR less rust almost none anywhere and the shed is full and theres no more space not evan to work on any of the cars witch has to happen if iam to earn money
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »

As all the guys above said. I too have been in awe with the progress that you have made on the FE and followed it with much interest. It is a shame that you have to get rid of the FE, but I gather it wasnt a decision that was made lightly.
Best of luck with the EH resto.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »

Hamfist.  I know where you're at.  I went through a similar thought process not to long ago as it looks like im moving interstate this year, and Cairns is a long way from anywhere to move from.  Luckily my financial advisor was quick to point out it would be best to get it rolling again and ready for transport and ship it home rather than find another dry clean example and start again. 

I knew I married her for more than her good looks.

Sorry to hear the news as you thread has given me the incentive to attack things I would normally ponder over with out any real progression.

It may not be an FE/FC but knowing your dedication and passion I for one would still be keen to see any progress on the EH posted, even if in another thread.

hrpremier

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2010, 11:39:13 AM »

dont do it, but, sometimes ya gotta cut the cord i spose...i did the same thing recently after hurting myself and not being able to fund a project, i got a fair price, but now, 6 mths down the track, im in the same position as before, the only difference being i no longer have that car that i sold, so if you can, Hamfist, try and do it some other way
FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »

The ford will never appreciate whereas the EH and FE will- i know what my choice would be.
 I have been tempted many times to sell my FC but luckily i kept it and soon will get the benefits of keeping it.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »

The ford will never appreciate

I wouldn't speak too soon, there was a time people chucked old holdens on the tip when they stopped going.

FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2010, 09:04:02 PM »

I wouldn't speak too soon, there was a time people chucked old holdens on the tip when they stopped going.
XA/B/C sedans utes coupes vans yes but an ugly boxy unfairlane i doubt it, only certain body types and special vehicles become collectable - ok maybe when there is nothing left to restore they maybe worth more than scrap value.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: