FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 04:24:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scrounging the Paddocks  (Read 6509 times)
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »

I have known about these cars for about 20 years, and over the years i have scrounged the odd part off them. I hadn't been there for about 5 years and was in the area with some time to kill so i went to see if they were still there. They are not how they were the last time, it looks as though the farmer has had a excavator in recently and moved them and crushed them more than i remember they were. In amongst them there are a couple of FC sedans, an FC standard wagon with trim kit (when i looked at the front it has an FE grill fitted, then i looked at the id tag and it has 219. All excited thinking it is a FE219, then upon closer inspection, the id tag has FC219,photo attatched), FB panelvan, EK sedan, EH sedan a Pontiac an old truck, FX or FJ and numerous other cars. I ran out of space on the card to take more photos but these will give you some idea of what th farmers used to do with the wrecks when they are finished with them.
 Years ago i remember alot of them were old Speedway or crash 'n' bash cars that they trashed then dumped them. Ther are some small parts still there, but most are useless now. I wouldn't be suprised if the local scrappy doesn't pick them up one day.

FC standard wagon

FB panelvan

Truck
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »

Pontiac

FX or FJ

FE

EK

FE or FC
All of these photos were taken in the Corryong area. Aaahhh, the beautiful North East of Victoria.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »

Now these photos i took out near Rutherglen somewhere. I spotted this ute from the road so i went for a walk to see if it was worth saving, unfortunately it isn't.

And can i just say how good this new image upload thing is. It is so much simpler (thanks to whoever did this).
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »

Goa350, if you are out there again, could you prise the Tilli strips off the LHS door of the FE sedan and I'l buy them off you?    Cheers, Mike.
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »

Hey Scott
Nice finds, a bit of Aussie history in that creek bed.
If you're taking orders, I would really, really love to score that Pontiac grill.  Wink
Just bring it to Orange with ya mate.  Grin
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »

Great pics Scott!!

That EK looks like it's melting into the grass - which I guess it kind of it Wink ... and that last shot of the ute with the pole through the front window would make a great wall print!!

Cheers, Les...

GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »

Alex, i would have to find out who the farmer is who owns the cars, and ask if i could grab some bits off them. If i can i will, there is a half decent rear bumper on the FC thats upside down and a tow bar also.
muzzie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »

If you are after someone to buy the rear bumper off you, i will. Smiley
          Muzzie
old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

thats a real shame some people should be shot Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up