FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:48:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 57 fe 350 chev build.  (Read 7211 times)
FE350

Old holdens never die they just get faster!!

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »

Good day chaps! Here are some photos of my fe holden and the start of my chev conversion.
I have owned the fe for about 7 years now and am allegedly the third owner. It was a really hard decision whether to restore it back to stock or butcher it and put in a chev as there is hardly any rust. Being a young fella a 138 grey isnt very appealing.
The fe was a daily driver for three years with a painted blue red 202 until the starter stripped the ring gear and was left gathering dust until now!
Just stripped it down to the shell and made a rotisserie from acquired steel from work and waiting for my castlemain rod shop goodies to arrive.
My main goal in this build is to keep it as simple as possible by using ideas from those seasoned veterans that have carried out such conversions.[/img]
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »

Looks to be a nice clean car.
I think some of the resto folks might gasp at your plans.  Shocked Grin
You look to have made some great progress thus far, what other plans do you have for the car....wheels colour etc?
Best of luck with the build.
Regards
Alex
p.s. I recall seeing some cool night shots of your car a few years ago, any chance you could share them here?

FE350

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »

Plans are to keep the car the same colours and i have brought a set of 15inch cragar smoothies and atlas porta wall white wall inserts.
The inserts are expensive in australia so i managed to get a set sent over from athens greece for 90 bung delivered.
I remember those night photos but cant find them anywhere i'll post them if i find them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:20:57 PM by stinky » Logged
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »

Looks like a straight clean car you have to start with, all the best with your biuld, your best bet before you get too far would be to speak to an engineer in your state as you are more than doubling the cubic capacity of the original motor there may be more mods required than just a chassis strengthening kit. Maybe even full chassis.

Cheers and happy biulding
                                                                        Frank
FE350

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »

Thanks Frank.
I'm underway filling out the application for the department of planning and infrastructure modified light vehicle approval and am lucky to have a good mate thats an engineer. Fingers crossed i'll get the ok for the modification soon. I cant believe how much information you have to supply them like the angle of your exhaust outlets etc, i was surprised that they didnt want to know the colour of my undies whilst working on the vehicle!
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »

As much as somethings seem a bit much at times, the regs keep all of us safe from those who want to take shortcuts and you will be happier with a vehicle that handles, steers, brakes and rides how it should.  Keep the pics coming I look forward to watching your biuld progress

Cheers
                                                       Frank
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »

Hi FE350 and welcome to the forum. 

Keep up the good work and as Frank says when you're driving a car that feels "right" going down the road the extra time and effort (and yes, expense) will be worth it.  And nice to see another "furry foreman" hard at work too!

Kathi 

NosFEratu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: