FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: vr-vs radiator into fc v6  (Read 2300 times)
aussieute

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:38 PM »

hi i want to fit a vr-vs radiator into my vp v6 powered fc is this the way to go or is there a better way with a different radiator thanks john
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 09:19:53 PM »

Just had a mate of mine at a radiator shop give me a heads up which really helped....
It seems that Vt radiator fail in the plastic tanks, meaning that they have to be replaced. They just throw the core and the tanks away... But i grabbed one and the cores are perfect. All you have to do is cut the tanks of and then make some for yourself out of 50 x 50 aluminium. Cut the radiator to the size you need and fit the tanks. I bought a cap off the net and its in at the welders getting done at the moment.
Total cost before welding is $52 and will be about $150 - $200 to get welded. So in the end i have a custom radiator in the car for $250 tops.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
aussieute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »

thanks for your help jason will give that a try
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)