FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:26:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator stalk  (Read 2716 times)
Utemad

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:05:12 AM »

I need some info on the best looking/performing indicator stalk setup to put on my fe. Regrettably I must put them on as the car is a daily driver and is a bit dangerous without them Undecided. is there a nice setup that can be attached to the steering column? Who makes such a setup? any info would be great.
Cheers Utemad.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »

Brent

I posted a reply to your wanted ad, but copied it here as well, sorry for the double up.

You could always use an FE or FC special column, these had indicators fitted from standard and would give you the stock appearance in the car if that is what you are looking for.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:59:59 PM »

As Keith said, the Special column is probably the easiest solution.

You could replace just the blanking plate on the column with the indicator control from another column if you don't want to pull the whole column out. Either way the wiring is going to be a little fiddly. Don't throw the blanking plate away tho, they're not that easy to find - so many commercials have had this conversion done before.

There were a variety of aftermarket indicator kits manufactured back in the day, but I'd be very surprised if you could buy one today. Indicators have been standard equipment for such a long time.

I'd be inclined to pose the question of 48/FJ owners, since that's where the big market for the "accessory" indicators was.

HTH

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:33:17 PM »

I can remember coming across a couple of aftermarket indicator switches in my parts boxes, IIRC I have also seen new ones on the 'net somewhere  Undecided
There are some here, even a column mounted model.
http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+electrical~switch~indicator/
My wife's AH Sprite has a toggle switch on the dash, flick it left for left and right for right. Of course any of these options will not have the self-cancel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: