FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:26:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Air Chief radio bits  (Read 3847 times)
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2003, 08:35:09 AM »

Can anyone please help me. I'm desperate. I am after the mounting brackets (rear of radio to firewall and top of receiver to dash) and also the plug for the speaker. While I'm on my dream list, Has anyone got an actual speaker. Happy to pay for parts, I really would love to see her going....The radio is an Air Chief QJ model.

Many thanks   Kev.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin
craiga
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 10:09:35 AM »

Kev,

I recently fitted an AWA radio to my FC and it came with the original brackets and you are quite welcome to copy these for size etc. I also have a couple of other period AWA under dash valve radios with brackets so maybe these could be of some use.  The speaker connector can also be reproduced easily by purchasing a similar type connector from Jaycar/Dick Smith and removing the centre pin.

The original speakers are hard to come by ( I have one but the cone is damaged) and they are necessary because the radio is designed to output to a speaker with an impedence of 16 - 24 ohms. Most speakers these days are 4 to 8 ohms but it is possible to make a small circuit that will enable you to use a new speaker. I have a pair of new oval 8 Ohms units that fit perfectly into the original mounting and plan to use one of these. In the meantime I am using one of the speakers from the underdash units.

Grab me at the next club meeting/run and I'll see if I can help you out.

Cheers,

Craig.
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 11:45:51 PM »

Kev,
I think I have a plug for the speaker if it requires a 2 pin type and is round.I will catch up with you soon maybe at the Courdeax Dam Barbie if I can make it .Leon is posting the details in the club area tonight.
Regards,
Graham
Peter HUhta
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 03:32:32 AM »

I have an Airchief radio out of a AP5 Valiant that may be of use to you.  The facia is obviously different, however the radio itself looks just like the Holden airchief models.  Please email peteramanda@iprimus.com.au if interested.  Roll Eyes

Cheers

Peter
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2003, 09:46:08 AM »

Check out this site as it has all the service manuals and parts lists, as well as the type and model of vechile the same radios fit.

http://203.44.53.131/Electronic_Industries/Electronic_Industries.htm

Hope this helps all.

John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: