FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:50:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome and stainless bits  (Read 7717 times)
stapla

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »

Can someone tell me which bits are chrome, and which are stainless on a FC special sedan ?

Cheers
Peter.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »

Most of the smaller trim on the exterior and interior are stainless steel.
The bumpers are chromed steel.
The headlights, taillights, grille, hood ornament, rear fins, boot badge are chromed die-cast metal.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:00:04 AM »

The lower grill section is chrome the 3bars are stainless steel all the windscreen moulds are also stainless...FC427...

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »

Hubcaps can be either or.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:41 PM »

Hubcaps can be either or.

Yes and no. FE ones are stainless steel, FC ones are chrome steel.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »

Ret is almost correct. But if you have an FE Built just before the change to FC you will have some interesting crossover components and paint variations. My Fe is a 1958 build and has steel hub caps and had a rubber rear mat.These cars come with many subtle variations.
cheers,
Graham
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:51:49 AM »

I think the changeover to steel hubcaps was much earlier, Nev was assembled in Brisbane in October 1957 or thereabouts and has steel hubcaps. Incidently, they still have their original paint and the red is not the bright red usually used to refinish them it is more muted, almost maroon.

regards
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »

Funny you should mention that about the colour  John.  All the original "paintwork" on my stainless hubbies, spears and badges was definitely more maroon rather than a bright red.

Kathi     

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »

My Brother has some NOS Special badges will take a look next time I am at dads ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »

I have a pair of NOS Special badges too. They appear to be from different suppliers as the letter shapes are slightly different. The colours are also slightly different one being a darker red than the other, however, both are brighter than the red on the hubcaps. I will post some photos if there is any interest in what is a fairly arcane subject Tongue

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

From my recollection of previous discussions of what was 'correct' Mandarin Red was thought to be closest to the factory colour.

Who knows anyway, after 50 years we all tend to change a little  Tongue
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »

Noooooo - don't do it!  Don't go there John. Undecided Think of the potential impact your actions may have! You could open up a veritable Pandora's Box!  Undecided   

Your actions, should you and others be able to categorically confirm a deeper colour was indeed used, could lead to a complete change in approach on how cars are judged for originality!  Not to mention the potential retrospective protests calling for re-counts because a car didn't win due to an incorrect shade of red being used!  Undecided

Be it on your head John if you pursue this any further!  Let it go John, please, I beg of you - there's too much disharmony in the world as it is! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:47 PM »

Craig Grin Mandarin red as in the LX Torana colour  Huh Huh Huh.....FC427......

CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »

Yes, Torana/HQ. Ken can confirm.
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 05:43:12 PM »

I was wrong (beer memory)  Undecided

Did a search and its Marinello red.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »

I don't care what colour they are!Does anyone want to sell any of their NOS special badges?I have one but need two.Seriously,the black FC just won't be the same without two nice shiny Special badges.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: