FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 365 weeks...  (Read 816297 times)
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2009, 05:49:10 PM »

Hello Jason, what I'm thinking of doing is using multicored cable such as the cable used for PLC input/output connections. you get about 30 cores with an overall diameter of about 18mm and each core is rated at 7 amps. Although all the cores are black they are imprinted with core numbers every 200mm or so. You could then use a multi connector at the back and run a single cable to the front and use a firewall connector such as the f**d one. Just an idea I've come up with. Cheers Jack
ehsv6

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »

Having just put a complete VT loom into a EH (along with a supercharged V6), but leaving all the components in basically the original position I offer three thoughts.
1 Hope you have bought the Service & Maintenance CD from a Holden dealer - gives you all the wiring circuits & looms
2 Note that in the same loom there are the same colour coded wires for different circuits, they are usually different gauges but hard to pic
3 You can have the airbag circuit disabled by a Holden dealer (Tech 2 required to program option in speedo)
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2009, 09:50:16 PM »

Ehsv6,

I got a cd from ebay for about $14 compared to the holden one for $400 I think it was... This is the second loom that I will have done, but the first time i was able to cut one and join one... quite simple. But was looking at cutting the whole lot to extend them. i may not have to now as am looking at using the centre console as the carrier for the cables.

Airbag is going to remain as well as the seat belt tensioners, with ABS etc.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »

Hey Jason,fantastic work by the way.With regards to joining the loom (not sure if it has been mentioned before) and following up on Craig's usefull advice, make sure you offset the cut on each wire so that when you join them all back together you don't have a huge bunch of joins all in the one spot.You probably already thought of that but just in case you didn't....Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2009, 12:21:47 AM »

Cool Cool, probably not my idea originally, but I'll lay claim to it if no-one else does  Tongue
The speaker should produce better sound too, being in it's own enclosure.
Not my idea  Cry http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3218&start=15

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2009, 09:03:24 PM »

Just a little news... The Van has been sold... dropped it off to Glenn on Wednesday on the way to Melbourne to start the new course for Jetstar. This will help pay for some of the previous pictures LOL... well some anyway. i hope you get lots of happy miles as I did with the van Glenn.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »

Jason,

Good news on the sale of your van, but I bet tinged with some sadness  Sad. The ute looks like its progressing nicely, some nice pics showing your great work  Smiley.

You'll be pleased to hear I have finely got around to registering the FC van Grin, without I word of a lie, since I got her way back in December last year, I have done nothing except replace the swaybar rubbers and strapped the battery in, took her down to the mechanic (drove her on dealer plates  Grin  Grin  Grin, how fun was that considering the extent of driving has been in & out of the driveway), thinking I'll get a list of things to fix, and drove her back on paid up CTP insurance and a RWC  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin. I did get a small list of very minor infringements he wanted looked at, but I just can't believe how well she has kept after so many years of (basically) storage. Temp gauge didnt get over half and I havent changed oil, coolant or anything since getting her, but she'll be getting the works now I can drive her.

Taking her to Transport on Friday for rego (what a great birthday present hey) and then driving her around all day  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. Thanks once again for putting me onto her (in a non sexual way, not that theres anything wrong with that  Cheesy)

Cheers Marc

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2009, 10:01:51 PM »

Its fantastic to see it finally back on the road, I am sure you will get lots of joy out of it... or even (Being in her!!!)

My van has gone to a good home and hopefully will see it at Orange back in original form...

Not sure if i will get the ute there though as my new job has taken priority.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
v8ek4us

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2009, 01:13:57 PM »

Awesome build Jason Cool Cool. Very impressive mods to say the least, be great to see the finished product....well done!!
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »

Thanks... I cant wait to see it done also...

While i am down here in Melbourne, I think I will go and look for a sump to cut up...

Phone +64 223509263
GM

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2009, 06:53:34 AM »

How many weeks left now Jason? Must be itchimg to get back into it.
                    Cheers Glenn

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2009, 08:50:36 AM »

Hey Glenn,

I have 2 weeks till endorsed, then a week off...

Then I actually start with the company, 2 weeks induction...

Then transition checks.. Then I get into the real thing...

I could be here till January.. Hmmm

So yes I am itching... and if it gets to orange it wont be in a completed form thats for sure...

So will see how I go.

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2009, 09:08:23 AM »

Jason,

I think there's a wrecker close to the airport! CommWreck?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »

Corio Auto wreckers is the go....

Hey Brad... Grin Grin Grin Grin

Phone +64 223509263
tuffute

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »

Come on Jason theres nothing wrong with commwreck (when i was there)
But u are right about corio auto parts Grin
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2009, 08:02:43 PM »

Well its been awhile since I have got to doing anything on the ute but have been home a week, so here are a few more snaps... Orange is not going to happen for the ute unfortunately... Sad

What a couple of hectic days that have gone by trying to get this done. The engine has been in and out about 5 times while trying to get it to align up and for it to have the required clearance from the firewall. I had to chop the firewall again and will still need a little more massaging to get the engine to go in and out easily.

The engine mounts had to be moved on the crossmember and on the engine, and I need to re weld the sump again.

But am happy that it has the engine in and mounted properly... still heaps to do and i dont know when i will be able to get back to it..
I hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2009, 08:17:09 PM »

Jase.  Great to see you back in town.  Must seem like an eternity since you last worked on the ute. Motor fittment is looking great and now you're home progress can at least be forward instead of stagnant.

Jase

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »

Nope, thats it for I dont know how long, back to melbourne tomorrow and then darwin by the start of next year... So will just have to wait and see... sad really as i cant wait to fire it up and take it for a drive.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »

JB
I have spotted you in the forum, however no reports on progress Huh

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2010, 01:21:03 PM »

Hi Jim,

Yes mate I have been here on the forum, however my car is in Cairns and I am now in Darwin.

I started at Jetstar 4 months ago and that is where the progress has finished. I am really itching to get back into it, but won't be bringing the car across here as its a non goer at the moment so the car carriers wont touch it and i haven't room to store it.

With that also i cant get holidays to go to the Nationals... again... Not a happy camper!!!

But rest assured that the ute will be finished, hopefully within the next 12 months all going well.

I need a good 3 weeks at it to probably get it running, and some dollars to inject into some of the more expensive parts, lsd, coil overs for the rear, tailshaft, reconditioning the brakes, etc

Then its all about time on it.

I just want to hear it going, bring it on.

Cheers
Jason

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: