FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:32:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: vacuum wipers  (Read 3568 times)
snuff69

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

Hi everyone   does anyone know if kits for vacuum wiper motors are available? Or does anyone offer a restoration service? Or should I just put in elec wipers? I have an EK wiper motor is it a bolt in job or are some mods required?    THANKS DAVE
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »

Dave - kits are not readily available. Fitting EK electric wiper motors into FC's has been going on for over 40 years and will continue for a few more years yet Grin
It's pretty much a bolt in deal.

Whether you should do it or not depends on your requirements from your car - It's not a good look for a resto, but suits a car that already has a few mods to make it more driveable.

Ken
snuff69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »

Thanks Ken      I would rather keep the original look and keep the vacuum motor. I pulled it apart and it all looked pretty clean and tidy. I dont spose there is a way of testing it without the car running.(the motors at the engine builders).  THANKS DAVE
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »

There is - first while its apart, clean off the hard old grease in the paddle area and replace with new rubber grease. Use plenty, it's a large area to sweep.
Then reassemble.
Hold your finger over the pipe opening and move the paddle with the other hand. There should be a marked difference between when the switch is off and when it is on.  If the vaccuum is really good, it should be almost impossible to move the paddle quickly, and you should be able to achieve a suction type effect similar to what you can get by operating a fuel pump on the bench.

Ken
snuff69

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:32 AM »

Thanks Ken     I'll give that a try    DAVE
peterm
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »

I sent my vacuum wiper motor to a Mr Ron Wilson of Jayron Sales. He is at NO11 Hazelwood Avenue. Cranbourne. Vic. 3977. Ph 03 59969504. He reconditioned it and it works very well. It was about two years ago, Iasume he still does it. He does it from home, he used to work for Trico so he knows what he is doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: