FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 02, 2024, 03:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: removing surface rust  (Read 2645 times)
ashfe

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »

as you can see i have a surface rust problem roof top of quarter panels and bonnet were bare metalled about five years ago as the prima had been peeling off excess bird poo my dad then had to move the car out of shed and into side lot where it was tarped up sombody stole the tarp and as car was not visable unless around the back of there block it spent about 8 months over winter un covered so nowlots of surface rust i have tried stripping pads but the put to much heat in to panel so i bought a sandblaster and used 20kg of grit on an area abou 100mm round and am worried about the heat and warping the roof
any body know anything on these chemical solutions that are around or have delt with this problem before
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »

There is always REDI STRIP will get all the rust out 100%  have used them many times over the last 20+ years all always very happy with the results bit expensive but nice job ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
ashfe

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 06:52:09 PM »

whatis redi strip
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »

REDI STRIP is the company name of a non caustic stripping place where your car is put in to a tank and the solution goes to work to clean it of all rust, paint,underbody sealer , grease etc etc They are at Blacktown NSW but am sure there are others that use this Non caustic method ........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: