FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:25:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Period & Modern Grey motor mods?  (Read 6503 times)
Daz
« on: January 02, 2003, 10:48:08 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am after any information on performance period through to modern parts that are available for the grey motor. I am interested in anything from alloy rocker covers, twin/tripple intake manifolds, extractors, cross-flow heads, forced induction etc etc

Cheers,

Daz
Daz
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 11:32:22 AM »

Hi everyone,

I found the thread about the norman supercharger but any other info on the waggot OHC and repco headed greys would be great.

Cheers,

Daz
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 11:50:38 AM »

Hi Daz
Welcome to the board.
Not sure why you are interested in these grey go fast goodies, they are rare and would likely be pricey if you found one. The best place for the info you seek, is in old motoring magazines and Hot Rod Mags. I have seen a few articles regarding the Repco head, the waggot one I have seen pics, but no full articles. I took a pic of a Waggot NOS head in the Hughs Bros Holden museum. i will try to dig it out.
Now why not register, and not be a guest???
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 11:21:08 AM »

Daz, Not sure what answer you are looking for but there is not much available now off the shelf for grey motors in the way of speed equipment.  Swap meets and For Sale ads are your best hope of finding stuff.
The last Repco head I saw advertised went with an FJ that needed a full restoration.  Price was $10000
WOW Tongue Tongue

Ken
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 12:07:27 PM »

Daz,
There are plenty of twin & triple carb manifolds out there. Also, it is very easy to find a finned alloy rocker cover if you need (dozens of styles).  Cheesy
Internal stuff like "Weslite" pistons, cams, bearing caps, are all getting rare.
But if you want something SUPER rare, go for the special heads. A "Repco Crossflow" head, will (As Ken said) set you back about $10,000.
I have a friend who had a Waggot twin cam head, which was the 3rd one cast. It sold for $25,000. Shocked
He also has 3 Dunstan Rotary valve heads, one of which is NOS. These will pull about $20,000 - $25,000 if he ever sells (which I doubt). These items were extremley rare in their day, but 40 years on, Man, you get the picture.
Still, always keep your eye out, as you never know what you might find in that old shed!! Just ask Tony (Norman Supercharger article), he found one NOS on a shelf in a wreckers!!
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: