FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 09:47:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Love the Beast @ Drive In  (Read 12426 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:35:03 PM »

One-night-only Drive-In showing of Eric Bana's Love the Beast at Blacktown and Coburg on Wednesday, March 11.
Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »

Just got this email from Simon Telford at Street Machine magazine.

What: The Street Machine drive-in premiere of Eric Bana’s Love the Beast

When: Wednesday March 11

Where: Blacktown Drive-In, Sydney and Coburg Drive-In, Melbourne

Bonus 1: Street Machine showbags for the earlybirds!

Bonus 2: For your chance to win one of 40 free car passes, send us a photo of your beast to: readerscars@acp.com.au

Visit this website for a trailer of the movie.
http://www.lovethebeast.com.au/

Regards
Alex

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm up for this, big-time. Can it be sanctioned for club-plated cars, please?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »

I will put it in our up coming events for those who are interested in going.
WAYNE
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:01:51 PM »

Not a Problem consider it sanctioned.
Cheers,
Graham
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »

Call me stupid but sanctioned for club plates? What's that?

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »

"Club Plates" or Concessional Registration (as it's properly known in NSW), means you pay next to nothing for annual rego, but the car can only be used on official club events, events sanctioned by the club, or other uses as permitted by the Club Registrar.

In NSW, the cost of concessional registration is about $55 including green slip (third party property). Full rego is around $650. Comprehensive insurance for a club plated car is significantly cheaper too, mostly a direct consequence of the low miles and generally weekend usage.

The RTA don't permit modified vehicles to be registered on club plates, and you can't just get in the car and drive it where ever and whenever you want, so it's not for everyone.

More info is available here, for enquiring minds.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »

Call me stupid but sanctioned for club plates? What's that?

Paul, fyi, this is a state-by-state thing, with each having its own rules (typically Aussie, isn't it  Shocked ).

In South Australia, if you own a motor vehicle more than 30 years old and are a member of a club affliated with the Federation of Historic Motoring Clubs, you may register your car as a historic motor vehicle.  $100 for 3 years.  Car must be stock.  But the big thing is: you are not restricted to club events.  The vehicle may be used on a maximum of 90 days each year for any purpose.  I try to get mine out at least once per week.  You must complete a log book entry BEFORE the journey begins - if you are caught without the log book filled in you are deemed to be driving an unregistered vehicle and can end up in deep sheep dip.  Ours is a very civilised system that is not hobbled by bloody bureaucracy.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »

So in SA can you keep original plates as well or do you have to get club plates?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »

Whatever plates you want to run within the SA plate system, which covers a lot. Unfortunately the really early numbered plates like "2345" or "102 251"  Wink are by a negotiated amount which can be hundreds or thousands of dollars unless the car has been continuously registered with them  Roll Eyes.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »

Ours is a very civilised system that is not hobbled by bloody bureaucracy.

It's true there is a lot more freedom in the SA system. However, it's a bit of a double-edged sword. One by-product of the NSW (and Vic system, very similar), is that because use is limited to club events, the clubs benefit through increased participation. The complete freedom of 90 uses/year means that a lot of SA Clubs (not necessarily the FE-FC one) have members who join to qualify for the plates and then are never seen again. This makes something of a mockery of the "club plate" system.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic. See you at Blacktown for Love the Beast, eh?

RET

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »

Whatever plates you want to run within the SA plate system, which covers a lot. Unfortunately the really early numbered plates like "2345" or "102 251"  Wink are by a negotiated amount which can be hundreds or thousands of dollars unless the car has been continuously registered with them  Roll Eyes.

Yes Stinky - how ironic that an FE Special Sedan would have been originally registered with the number plate of " 10 225 1".  Even better when the 2nd owner has never had to pay a cent for it!   Wink

BTW - I think Eric Bana was going to be on Rove tonight promoting "Love the Beast".

Kathi 

NosFEratu
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »

what time does this all begin at the coburg drive in??

might have to get an unregistered car permit and take my fc p/van for its maiden voyage.
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »

i got a car pass for this on saturday but i'm going home on tuesday so i gave it to a mate
Omalley
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »

what time does this all begin at the coburg drive in??

might have to get an unregistered car permit and take my fc p/van for its maiden voyage.

An unregistered car permit only alows you to drive to and from a place of roadworthy between the hours of 7am and 7pm
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »

Received an email from Simon Telford  from Street Machine Magazine to say my free passes for wensday's preview of Love The Beast are in the post should get them tomorrow Thanks for the link to the free tickets  Alex ... did anyone else score free tickets  Huh Huh........FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »

me and gave it away

the whole unreg vehicle permit thing i wish they could sort out Angry don't know what state yor in i'm in NSW last time i got one i could drive from one point to another point and for no particular reason and any time of the day. But i have mates that have been getting 30 day permits Huh
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »

That might be " A letter of intent " ratbox.

Rusty gave me a copy of a blank form letter when I was getting a few things done to my wagon prior to rego.

Anyway, I made about 5 copies of it & used them all, I ended up driving it all over the place

From memory, you just fill it out prior to doing what it is you are going to do with the date & time, such as going to the drive-in   Undecided 

Probably looks better if you say you are goin up the road to get an automatic geabox check or something

Cheers, Gary
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »

as I will only ever drive the P/Van very few times a year what is involved in having it club registered???

can this be done before tomorrow night???
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 03:36:49 PM »

as I will only ever drive the P/Van very few times a year what is involved in having it club registered???

Club Plates info.

can this be done before tomorrow night???

No. See link above, there is a qualifying period involved. Sorry.

cheers
RET

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: