FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: floor pan and sill replacement  (Read 5013 times)
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:24:50 AM »

I need to replace both front floor sections in my wagon and outer sills, lower "A" pillar sections are pretty bad also, should i do floors before sills or other way around??? possibly need to do inner sills also depending on what i find when i remove the outers.

cheers
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:00:52 AM »

This article is in the Technical section of the site

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/tech001.html

I would do the sills first, one side at a time, in case you find you have to repair inners as well.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »

This article is in the Technical section of the site

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/tech001.html

I would do the sills first, one side at a time, in case you find you have to repair inners as well.

Cheers
John

thank you so very much for that link, a very informative read on exactly the job i am about to undertake.

cheers FC P/Van
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »

I did the sills first (inner then outer,cut the outer off first) then all floor sections.Doing it this way helps to maintain some alignment of the B pillar.I also had the advantage of doing it on the rotisserie so I was able to put the car on it's side to take the load off the sills and floor.Be sure to try the doors back on the car with the sill tacked in place as I've seen what can happen if you don't.Get all your door gaps right before you completely weld the sill.I think this is all in the techinfo anyway.I have posted a lot of pictures in my thread "It has begun,but will it continue".Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »

.Be sure to try the doors back on the car with the sill tacked in place as I've seen what can happen if you don't.

Definately very important I bought a wagon project years ago that had already had the sills done, looked like everything had been done well, only trouble was the back doors didn't fit inside the frame.
                                     Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: