FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 04:18:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC P/VAN PARTS  (Read 5554 times)
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:34:55 PM »

I AM LOOKING FOR THE REAR CARGO FLOOR SECTION AND LUGGAGE STRIPS MOUNTED TO THE FLOOR TO COMPLETE MY VAN  RESTO, ANY CONDITION AT THE MOMENT WILL DO.

CHEERS
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »

Being commercial cars I think you'll find you need to source new materials, the gear in the EK Pano I have is absolutely shot from both age and use. Marine ply and some new stainless would be the go.

FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 08:19:57 AM »

the wooden flooring is not so important, as long as i can maybe see an original to copy but the stainless flooring strips i would like to find originals (possibly in good usable condition or that i can have replicated).

cheers
spanner

Model: FE

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

Just us 25 x 3 flat for the strips. You can use stainless if you want or use galvanised mild steel or just paint. The outside end will have to be curved a bit to follow the curve on the end of the timber.
Cut your ply to size first and mark on it where you want the strips to sit and then lay the steel on these marks. Mark the steel to length and cut. Drill a hole and csk where the strips cross each rib.
I didn't use marine ply in the van as it's out of the weather, just cheap stuff and gave it a coat of laquer.
I went to a bit more trouble with mine and got the ply routed so the strips are recessed into the ply a bit but still sits proud of the ply.
I used stainless strips and polished them. I have the originals and they are not stainless.
If you want some photos send me an email and I will send you some. gcran@westnet.com.au
Graham
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »

how many steel strips are there across the floor panel as original?Huh

please send me pics to

d-bike@bigpond.net.au

cheers for all your help and info
spanner

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »

Six
You should be able to see the lines of holes in the ribs from where the originals were screwed down.
This will give you the centres when marking the new ones.
G
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

Just us 25 x 3 flat for the strips. You can use stainless if you want or use galvanised mild steel or just paint.
I'm not sure if just paint would be strong or thick enough,I'd go with the stainless or galv mild steel.... Grin

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 08:30:08 PM »

Don't give up looking yet - some will turn up. Originally they are cad plated, paint will chip off too easily with any load sliding over the them. They do have a special shape which you can replicate once you get some samples. There are 6 in total but there are 3 different part numbers. They are listed as centre, intermediate and outer.

Ken
spanner

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »

(They do have a special shape which you can replicate.)

Ken, What special shape are you refering to. The ones I took off my van are just countersunk strips of steel. I thought these were original.
I can understand the three part numbers as the recessed area at the back of the van where the timber sits is curved making the strips different lengths. One of each part number, each side of the centre. Holden just cut the strips square on the end and didn't follow the curve or there would be six part numbers.
I also wouldn't use paint, but I have seen it done and looked ok. Just depends on what you are going to use the car for I guess.
Graham
coolaride
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

hey

are the strips the same as the standard wagon or different ?

what about the floor is that the same aswell ?

heres a pic of what i have , the one underneath is out of my standard wagon ..
the other three .... i dont know what there out of maybe fe fc ute ?

i might have close to a full set of the top ones , and 3 different sizes .

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

Spanner - like the ones Richi has shown.

Richi
The wagon van & ute strips are all different.
The ute ones are all the same - the part number is 7410350 x 6
The van has 3 different lengths so maybe the upper set you have would be from a van, but they perhaps look a little short. Part numbers are 7411050 x 2, 7411051 x 2 & 7411052 x 2.

There should be 10 strips in the FE 219 because the floor is in 2 pieces, unlike the van.
Front of the compartment are 7413487 x 3 & 7413990 x 2
Rear of the compartment are 7413487 x 1 & 7413991 x 4

Interestingly only FC & late FE 219 from body number 1488A had the strips, before that there were no strips in the standard wagon.

Ken
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 07:51:11 AM »

so are these parts available as reproduction anywhere??

any ideas on where i can get some???

cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: