FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 06:22:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chopped FE ute  (Read 14293 times)
southside

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:31:53 PM »

Hey all,
Posted a quick post on here when I first got this car a few months ago. Progress has been slow to say the least but thats what you get when you work full time, study part time and have to also make time to keep the wooza happy.

Anyway now that I am on a break from uni and obviously have a few weeks up my sleeve off work, I have been tring to crack in. In typical fashion of these half finished projects the quick list of jobs to get her on the road turned into a "quick" strip down and well we all know what happens from there.

So... since then the whole front end is off the car and I am slowly getting around to rubbing it all back, interior out, wiring out, reubuild and repaint the outrigger, engine has been given a freshen up (40thou, steel timing gears and all the other usual bits and pieces), had some tripple carbs rebuilt for her. And now I am about to start the rest of the body work/engine bay tidy up once my rust panels arrive. Here is some quick pics of the progress. Excuse the quality but the old camera has seen better days.

Engine back together and clean/prep for paint.

Quick coat with another one or two to go.

Fresh Carbs

Hopefully more to follow soon.

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 02:50:37 PM »

Southside
That is quite a unique way of draining the oil out of the motor / engine, now that you have it all painted and the tripples ready to go it will look great in the engine bay.

Look forward to more photo's of your work.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
southside

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »

Yeah lucky she was dry at that stage otherwise it would have made a mess of the fresh paint. Just spent the day POR15'ing a heap of parts. slowly slowly.
southside

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

Heres a pic of it before I pulled it apart. Looks better then what it is. Small amounts of rust in the usual places and a bit in the nearside chassis rail that will need to be plated.

sexyfc

Model: FC

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »

That looks nice as it is  Smiley

Project started 16/01/08.
ofc304

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »

where did you get the front screen from looks great  Shocked Shocked
southside

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:24:57 AM »

Well been over a year since last post but the ute is still alive.

I'm in the process of buying a new project and if the sale goes through this ute will have to go.

So if you are after a new project stay tunned
GM

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 07:46:44 AM »

I think you will have a queue of buyers..........

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »

Got a chopped FJ ute and I'm sure the FE would look good sharing the garage.How much are you thinking?? Undecided
CHOPPED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 12:30:14 PM »

just seen the photos of your ute that blacky posted up very cool Cool

hey it wasnt me
southside

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »

Hi all,
Just returned from overseas and things on the home front have taken a turn for the worse. Therefore I am having to liquidate all my assetes in order to possibly give some stupid @$%^ some cash as well as all lawyers and all the other leaches that seem to benefit from these situations.

The ute will be on ebay in a week or 2. So if you know someone after a project let them know.

Need it gone for as much as i can get.

Cheers
Brendon

P.S depending on how it goes may be selling the tripples seperate
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 04:44:58 AM »

Why don't you put it up here for your "dream price" while it waits to go on ebay.

If it is one of those cases where everything gets halved, I'll give you $50 now for it.

(Expect a large envelope in 6 months or so containing money I "might have" found under the seat that probably belonged to you - if you get my drift...  Wink)

I always think of the old story about the Ferrari advertised for basically nothing and a young chap buys it, takes it home, father gets mad and makes him bring it back thinking it was illegal etc. In this case the wife had got a message from her estranged husband to sell everything and send him on the money - so she sold it for as little as possible  Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
southside

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 08:39:11 PM »

Now on ebay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: