FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:53:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "The New Arrival" is finally arriving!!  (Read 2880 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:43:36 AM »

Been waiting forever now, it seems, since the FE was bought in June, and then shipped here from Melbourne late October. Container arrived into Port of Cork, Ireland, last Sunday week and there it has sat whilst we had a di*khead of a customs clearance agent doing sweet f**k all of what he was supposed to do  Angry

We went ahead and got onto the local guys today, paid some VAT ($5K), rang a couple of govt offices, checked with customs, got the all clear etc. and we are good to go!!

Anyway, there will be a container drop tomorrow arvo at 2pm, Irish time, at the carpark in front of the container terminal. We will then open, extract, and drive home the cars!! Yes, we also have another car but it's not a Holden so we won't mention the silver 1960 Mk II Jag 3.4 man O/D.... Wink

So that's very early Wednesday morning for you lot but by the time I get some pics and load em up, probably Wed evening for the "show and tell". Pics of the FC and FE together may have to way til later in the week when there is daylight to get some good pics.

Then the FE FC Fleet of Ireland really will exist.

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:38:59 AM »

Congratulations Paul,

It has been a long time and I hope that you are happy with it. I bet you can't wait to drive it, will you have to get it inspected and registered over there before you can drive it? If so how long before you can actually get to drive it?

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »

Technically? There are some rules I suppose.

Practically? I open the container doors, start the car and drive home.

It doesn't have plates? Won't matter. No pink slip (DOE test here)? Doesn't apply to cars over 30 years old. Mods? Irrelevant. Seatbelts? Only if you want. Rust? Who cares. Tyres? Well, they have one over me here but the tyres are good.

I have an old plate from NSW I will put on the back for a laugh so at least some people will work out where its from - there are none over here, remember?

All in all, it's an old car and y'all take care now, y'hear!!

Of course, you guys would miss all the fun of engineers, rebuild specs, and the like with the open lawless system going on here....  wouldn't you??

Paul.
 Cool

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »

Hi Paul

Hope all goes well today (your time) and that you make it home safely.   Smiley

Just make sure you don't get picked up and done for DUIS (Driving Under the Influence of Sugar)  Wink

Kathi

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »

Thanks. I started a new thread because of all the pics. Look up...   Grin

Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: