FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 09:37:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC dash fascia  (Read 5674 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:38 PM »

I was in talking to Rare Spares today and we spoke about the fascia - the story basically is that the fibreglass supplier was unreliable and there were complaints about fitment, so the product was withdrawn. They are now going down the path of having them made in plastic as per original but cannot proceed until they get a good original to take moulds from.  Undecided

Any help from readers would be appreciated - Les MCVeigh is the best contact point.

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »

I have approved the new R/S plastic dash surround this week. I supplied a NOS original c/o a club member and the repro is exactly like the original - it fits the dash well and has exactly the same bosses on the back for the screws as the original.

I will get a price soon and advise when they will be available.

Ken
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:14:31 PM »

Sounds good Ken, from the amount of queries that have been put foreward on the subject I expect there are quite a few of us waiting on a good one of these.
         Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
ezzacoombs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »

so ken?

does this mean i just go to repco and order an fc dash fascia??? because im happy to have the fc dash fascia chrommed with a new plastic thing?

i spoke to that dude from american auto's homebush and he was saying that the guys who make it are just slack basted and are not making them anymore. but they found another dude that will make it and just as u said, he needs the right mould. but we will have to wait untill all this bullshit passes, and they actually start getting them in.

so can i get it from repco?.

thanks mate.
Eric
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »

I doubt you can get one from REPCO, And the American Autos guy is not your best authority.
The mould process has already been done, and the prototype approved, the only wait now is for production to commence.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: