FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Happy 100th Birthday  (Read 1996 times)
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:06 AM »

Wow, what a milestone......General Motors turns 100 today!  Shocked

Wish I was in the USA to help celebrate.  Cry

Happy Birthday GM.  Smiley

Cheers,

Graham
ziggy

Terrific Tilleys

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:10:09 AM »

Graham

I am in the USA and not much special is happening. I think Holden has made more of their 50th and 60th anniversaries. GM is taking a pounding with most large SUVs and trucks selling at 30-40% off list, and sales down 30% over last year. Most new Chevys (or Ford/Dodge) will depreciate about 40-65% in its FIRST year. They are doing some ads but its pretty low key in general USA. I would hope they are at least celebrating in Michigan. No really cool anniversary specials have been released.

Thankfully the SS-V Commodore (Pontiac G8-GT) sells at $29,990 and the HSV Clubsport (Pontiac G8-GXP)is coming soon at about $36K. Still hard to buy when a 2004 E63 Mercedes or 2004 M3 BMW costs the same. Old VZ GTOs still fetch $24K++. Oh, and since it snows here in Denver for about 4-5 months, you need AWD to get around and miss the kerbs!! I am still waiting for the HSV Coupe4 (could be a while).

Take care  - Siggy
peterwmh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50:29 PM »

How cool, the forum has a US correspondent!!

Cheers  Grin

Peter

Never late with a 308!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: