FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: the latest ebay bargin  (Read 14631 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 07:12:42 PM »

Ebay Item # 330260787276

I to asked a question WRT a photo, quite rude in his response, how ever did note that the price had been reduced by 99%.

I have now noticed that it did not sell and its back to the original price of 1k.

WTF

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »

Feeling out the market I guess, if he wants his $1100 he'll need to put it in storage for another 50 years  Grin
Maybe the last question tipped him over the edge and he's leaving ebay?
Q:  Mate i dont think this is a genuine NOS.It would have a tin or metal resevoir for the brake fluid if it really was a NOS.Its not hard to rekit one of these and make it look like new. 19-Aug-08
A:   In your ignorance, you would have discovered, had you done any research at all, instead of assuming we are trying to 'pull the wool over', that FE to EH were the only ones that had the tin can from Factory, and that the Plastic Reservoir was Factory fitted from HD to HR after GMH realised the corrosion problems caused by Tin reacting with Brake Fluid and Air. Subsequently GMH issued a bulletin that Plastic should supercede the Tin for those resons as well as being able to 'see' the fluid level. Even a 1st year Girl Guide would be able to tell if our M/C was fraudulently re-kitted and then passed off as 'Never-Used' OEM NOS. Read the AD: it says we GUARANTEE that our Item is GENUINE AS DESCRIBED. Your word may not be worth much, but ours is Gold, and our 40 years reputation in the Auto Industry is well known as Gold, as proven by the last 2 of these we sold for $1100.00 each, one of which was sold to an Executive from GMH in Dandenong ! We can understand how JEALOUSY would make you say things to make you feel better, but you'll just have to live and suffer with NOT BEING LUCKY ENOUGH TO OWN ONE OF THESE CYLINDERS !

He's got another bargain on too, a $280 dizzy cap  Roll Eyes Ebay Item #330261357594

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »

He's got another bargain on too, a $280 dizzy cap  Roll Eyes Ebay Item #330261357594

He quoted that:

"THIS IS THE FIRST THING YOU SEE WHEN OPEN UP A 253 OR 308 !"

Well, if I recall correctly the distributor sits at the back on a 253/308 behind the carburettor and wouldn't be the first thing you see.... Roll Eyes

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »

This is one clever sunofagun.

Here is his definition of OEM, "o.e.m.ORIGINAL ENGINEERING MANUFACTURER~"  Tongue

C'mon fess up, its one of you guys doing this for boredom relief isn't it Lips sealed

I thought OEM stood for Orifice Entry Manager......

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »

I thought OEM stood for Orifice Entry Manager......

could also stand for One Eyed Monster!  Shocked

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »

wot a wood-duck!

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 05:19:34 AM »

someone must know who he/his mate are considering his mate has dozens of restored FE-HR holdens, there are knuckle heads around look at his feedback someone paid $90 for an oil filter Roll Eyes
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »

( ratbox said ) "there are knuckle heads around look at his feedback someone paid $90 for an oil filter  Roll Eyes"

Roll Eyes   It was probably one of his fellow dementia affected nursing home inmates Grin Grin Grin

Has anybody seen my red pen??
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »

I just hope he or one of his mates is a member of this Forum so he can see that we all think of him , Next he will be trying to sell Genuine GMH air to put in the tyres "It the first thing you feel when you drive your car " probably not the first thing he feels Wink Wink Wink Wink.......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 09:25:53 PM »

As quoted in part - 'heavy duty "Brass" Terminals ! PUMPS THRU HIGHER KILOVOLTAGE THAN ALUMINIUM, and LASTS x4 LONGER - correct "Brown" colour & Appearance !' - what is this guy on I ask.

I've just twigged why my car glows at night when I turn the key - too many kilovolts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: