FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 11:32:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help with a Code numbers with a potential First Buy,,,,,  (Read 3486 times)
GEB1211

Have looked and dreamed,,,,,,,Nows the time to buy

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:22:44 PM »

Hi Guys,

As I'm very new here, and very green,,,,,I'm hoping someone may steer me in the right direction with a Vehicle I'm looking at to be My First purchased FC,,

A lovely couple in Bendigo have this car for sale, they have been great with pics and as much info as they know about the car,,,

I was hoping if someone could give me some thought on the ID tag no's as given to me by them,

FC 225 - 3898M
Trim 197-633
Paint 253-2047
Eng No L606065

They have told me that its probably a different motor, so spose thats ok, but when I put the ID No's into the "Codes checker thingy" it gives me info i cant understand, or seems a little strange ??

Its painted a two tone color, which the owners have been told by other previous owners that, it was done after it was first purchased ?? As in the white was done after !!
The major color is Olinda Green, and the roof in a white or beige color ( same paint style as an early FC )

In no way are the present owners being shifty or dishonest,,,,,,,,,,

Its just that this Car could be my first FC I purchase and I am pretty fussy and want to make sure my first Car is a correct and as original as can be,,,,,

I hope someone with some knowledge would share their wisdom in telling me more of what the ID No's mean,,,,,,,,

Thanks a heap,
Geoff

Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »

Geoff,

You might need to check the ID plate to make sure that you've got all of the numbers and that they are correct.  Did you miss the TOP numbers too? 

Look on the front subframe on the right side for the chassis number too.  They'll say something like 'FC12345M'.

That which you have, seems be okay except for the '197'. 

Cheers

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
coolaride
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 05:42:42 PM »

hi

225 means it a special model .. normally with a two tone paint job , which do vary in design .

looks like the id plate they gave you maybe incomplete , they didnt supply you with the color of the top .

did you look at this in the tech section ?

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/idplate.html

looks like an earlyish build number 3898 . m = melbourne

the engine number looks to be very late 1959 .

did you get the chassis number off them ?

post some pics for us to see it !

someone else will know more .

coolaride

GEB1211

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »

Hi Guys,

They are the only no's so far i have off them,,,

And by all accounts, from them, they are all correct and all there are on the ID plate,,,,

I have tried putting those no's in, and thats why I'm a bit bamboozled,,,,,,

Thats what I thought of the 197 no too,,,,, "spinner" ,,,,,,doesn't correspond,,,,,,??
"Coolaride", they tell me thats the only paint No's on there,,,,,,,,,and thats whats on the ID tag Huh

Anyone else gots thoughts on single paint job FC's,,,,,,,??
I'm don't think that Olinda Green, was a single whole body paint code,,,,,,
But I'm only new,,,,,,,Learning the game, lol,,,,,,

Thanks,
Geoff
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »

The car is a single colour Olinda green car with white added later as you have been told by the owners - it has been in the Vic club before and chassis number is 8-8778M - The original reg is GYB 240 and when I last saw it, was DOZ 368. The engine number is not right for the car as you suspect.
Single colour Olinda green is rare but is genuine.

Ken
GEB1211

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

Thanks Ken,,,,,

Whats your thoughts on this car??
Do you know much about it ??

As in history, owners, condition, etc ??

Whats the easiest and best way to join the Victorian Club ??

Thanks,

Geoff
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »

Geoff, it was a pretty honest car when I last saw it about 4 years ago. Not a concourse car by any means but a good driver. I can put you in contact with the owner who had it when it was in the Vic club if this is any help.  Send me a pm

Download the Vic club membership form from our website and send to the address supplied on the form

Regards  Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: