FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 56 OR 57 FE?  (Read 2771 times)
itb
sa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »

I'm trying to work out whether my FE is a 56 or 57 model. I'm not sure that the engine is original (it indicates Feb 57). The body no. is 18830-A. I can't find a chassis no. on the inner guards. Also, the exterior is Cabot Grey and is listed on the compliance plate, but the interior 2 tone colours are not. They are pale cream/ivory and a deep burgundy. Any ideas anyone? The trim is Parchment Ivory and Fall Red.

ITB
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:15:35 PM »

The body number indicates mid March 1957 so I would say the engine is a fair chance of being original.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 07:21:56 AM »

The second interior colour on cars with a single colour exterior never appear on the ID plate. Have a search on this site for the term "DuoTone" and you'll find several threads on this topic.

There are also some other ways of identifying 1956 FEs, but Ken will be on the money.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
itb
sa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:27:02 PM »

Thanks for the help. It sounds like a '57. Cajerridoc says '57 models have a double layer of metal in the dogleg. I'll check this out to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: