FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:26:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660577 times)
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 09:51:47 AM »

Dean time to put a spanner in you hand and not a TOOL  Grin Grin Grin If you want to get that car finished. You can polish after rego ......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »

Forgot to say before, sandblasted and sprayed in two pack primer for $1000, is two pack primer the way to go or is it going to cause problems when i'm doing rust repairs and bodywork.

The old girls looking a bit sad now

Hard to believe out of all these grill surrounds not one that doesn't need rechroming

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 11:19:28 AM »

Pedro,

FWIW I have found myself in the same situation regarding grille surrounds, I have enough bits and pieces to put 5 grilles together and all the surrounds need to be rechromed.

Still it will look nice when it has a nice newly rechromed grille in it........ Grin Grin. Thats what I keep telling myself Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »

Dean time to put a spanner in you hand and not a TOOL     If you want to get that car finished. You can polish after rego ......FC427........
Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
yeah i know mark, all my polishing i was refering to was done ages ago Wink

prioity at the moment is still writing selection documentation for govy jobs, they take bloody ages. car work takes second place.
whenever i need a break im down in the shed doing some trimming work, i have 1 seat 90% completed. and tackle little bits of jobs when i can. and money for parts at the moment is out of the question as my workers comp has reduced my wages to bgger all Angry Angry
way too cold to work in the shed at night.....
back to applications now Sad Sad Sad

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »

Not much progress to report this week, have just been sorting bits and reorganising the shed, some bad news and some good news, the bad news is when i sorted all the chrome very little of it is what i would call good enough for a rebuild, which means it won't be a quick elcheapo job, the good news is thanks to the generosity of my father on my birthday the old girl can go to the sandblasters sooner, the change in direction came because i discovered the engine i had half rebuilt came from an FJ, and then i ended up with this after doing an engine swap for a mate,

A reasonably low k's ecotec v6, one of the big ends started knocking, a crank grind and a set of bearings and I'll have a good motor also Darren next door has a VS he only wants the engine out of and i can buy the rest, so now I'm thinking hmmm it would be nicer ( and faster ) cruising to orange with a V6, my quick rebuild has gone out the window anyway so i figure why not Cool Cool Cool

How are you going Dean, looking forward to those sexy pics Tongue Tongue

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »

Pedro,

WOW what a turn around. It is funny how somethings just fall into place like they were meant to be. I am looking forward to seeing you complete the build with the V6.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »

Hi Pedro

Big happy smiley face awarded for posting your update early  Grin

We're also in the middle of cleaning finding parts and the garage - unfortunately you can only work on a car when you can actually find it!  Sad

And re the engine swap - just go with the flow! And yes, you will probably have a much easier drive to Orange with a V6!  Smiley

And another big happy smiley face for happy birthday congratulations!  Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 05:41:09 PM »

its always the way. the rebuild starts out so simple, just do this, maybe a little bit of that, a bit here somethings there, then "BLAMMO" it all goes out the window and a whole new set of plans get drawn up.  Grin Grin Grin

congrats on ya birthday pressy and yep gho the V6.

good on ya pedro

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

I am really struggling at the moment to keep on the "stock rebuild" track as my black FC is just at the stage where I can make it go either way.I just keep telling myself that I already have another one to "Modify" as it has already been fitted with big trans tunnel.Luckily Ed hasn't been hassling me lately to drop the Black fc rebuild and pursue the TTV6FC rebuild!No ED,don't start.... Grin

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »

hey pedro, if you want to save a bit of cash on chroming have a think about just painting grill and bumpers satin, not sure on what you colour scheme is going to be but sometimes this works, and sometimes not Undecided

just a thought.

sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »

i was thinking of painting my chrome a nice silver but its always nice to have that mirror finish on ya bumpers and moulds..

Project started 16/01/08.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »

yeah chromes nice, but not cheap these days, but it does look sweet......

what am i saying chromes nice
it gorgeous Grin Grin Grin Grin

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 12:08:26 PM »

MMMM CHROME, unfortunately i'm a chrome fanatic, everytime i've restored an old bike i've had heaps of bits chromed so i wouldn't dream of putting the old girl back together without lots of gleaming chrome( don't want the her to be mistaken for one of those prototype FE's Wink ) if i can't throw the car together with what i've got then i might as well continue taking my time, that way i can do it all properly and give her a new set of jewelry Grin

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »

Just goes to show I'm not the best , don't even have the energy to bite even just a little bit!  Sad

Ran out energy earlier about the masochist with the white (ooops sorry, diet concious low fat (light) cream) interior !

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »

You must be sick, better look after yourself and get better so you can come out to play Smiley

Definitely a massochist, white upholstery wouldn't last the day out around here.

F4+
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 12:35:59 PM »

it wont be too bad, ive got no kids, never will.
and any kid that does ride in the car will be bubble wrapped securely and have boxing gloves gaffa taped on Grin Grin Grin

and there is always the mexican blanky for every day driving Wink

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 12:37:07 PM »

Oh and get better Kathi, its awfully quiet without your wit Grin Grin

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

Not the kids me Cheesy Cheesy, I'm always tinkering with something or digging or building, my misses won't let me near anything white and my whole wardrobe consists of dark clothes

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »

Dean - What?  Busta's not your kid?  You trying to tell me he's not gonna go out cruisin' with dad and hanging his head out the window and slobbering down the side of Bubbles?  You meanie!   Sad

Well that was it - drained again - and I've gotta find energy for the bigwigs meeting this afternoon.  Always like to see their reaction to my hair - huge purple streak at the front this time! But, it is pretty conservative in comparison to what they've seen in the past from me!  Wink

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »

well you saw the photo of busta, can you see the resemblance Grin Grin Grin
i do want my furry kid to come for a sunday drive, so what i have install for him are some terry toweling or similar booties Cheesy Cheesy
only he dosent know it yet. we'll see how we go....

PURPLES NICE  Grin Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: