FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:29:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660689 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »

purple polish for chrome is the dogs nuts I reckon

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #881 on: May 23, 2013, 08:51:18 AM »

So Paul...do you have to wait till the Dog's nuts go really dark purple before using them to polish your chrome?  Huh Roll Eyes Shocked Tongue Grin

Dean.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 23, 2013, 09:59:06 AM »

Grin - yeah....

http://www.calcustom.com.au/california-custom-catalogue/purple-metal-polish

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »

I use this stuff on chrome and stainless trim - it's good...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »

So Paul...do you have to wait till the Dog's nuts go really dark purple before using them to polish your chrome?

Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Cheesy Cheesy
  Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »

I have a suggestion, u could try one of those solar powered garden lights. Just make sure your little solar collector is on the parcel shelf   Huh

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 24, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »

Insert Quote
I have a suggestion, u could try one of those solar powered garden lights. Just make sure your little solar collector is on the parcel shelf

Yeah i could put it on the shelf next to the little dog with the nodding head Roll Eyes, if i had a shelf that is you may have failed to notice but it's a wagon Deano Tongue Tongue Grin Grin, when i was rewiring the old girl i ran extra wires to the back for rear interior lights, reversing lights and separate indicators.

When i went up to Ipswich yesterday the chrome plating place had shut down ages ago so ended up going to the Gold coast today, went to the place you recommended at Biggera Keith, met Kev and he came across as a decent sort of bloke who knows what he is talking about, he is going to grind all the corrosion out of the die cast bits and straighten out any little dents in the rest, for those contemplating getting chrome work done the exterior door handles are roughly $45 bucks each for rechroming compared to $70 bucks for the cheap imports and he said the old ones are a lot better quality, bumpers are $450 each, and the whole cars worth is about $2000, not too bad really for every bit of chrome on the old girl.

What i meant was i would not upgrade injectors leave them stock as fuel economy is excellent and their is no real gain unless you put a GTS can or something into the engine
No worries thanks Pete, most of my driving will be on the open road anyway so i guess there's no point in me turning it into a petrol sucking monster, i'll just get the injectors cleaned, got the intake manifold in getting powder coated gloss black, I'm doing the tappet cover in sting red and the extractors silver, so that should dress things up a bit.
    Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 24, 2013, 02:58:55 PM »

Pedro

I got my extractors ceramic coated and they look heaps better than being painted. Ceramic coating also eliminates a lot of radiant heat under the bonnet from the exhaust system.

Reasonably priced as well and looks very neat.

The place I got them done was at Archerfield in Brissie.

Cheers

Craig
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 24, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »

Sounds good Craig, it would have to last a lot longer than heat proof paint too, would you have the name of the place where you went.
    Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 24, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

Pedro

Competition Coatings
U1/14 Rodwell St Archerfield Brisbane, QLD 4108 Australia
Phone:(07) 3277 9123

Cheers

Craig D
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 24, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »

I don't know if this will be approved of by the moderators or not so i won't put any rants on here about why this isn't common knowledge, but there are a lot of blokes on here my age who would probably have skin cancers and after what i've been through if i can save one life it will be worth it, I got sick and tired of going to the docs and getting my skin cancers cut out, burnt off and dry iced and then a few months later they come back anyway, while i was doing research trying to find something to help with Mezza's cancer i found this stuff called black salve, if you google it you can find plenty of testimonials, photo's and videos of people who have used it plus after i started using it i found plenty of people around here that have been using it too, they have been using it on horses for years and it has been around for hundreds of years.

Day 1

Day2

Day3, the cancers are dead and you can see the eschars starting to form after about a week or so they fall out roots and all and you are left with a clean hole which heals over with no scarring.
  Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 24, 2013, 03:34:31 PM »

Thanks Craig i'll give them a ring.

With the post above i forgot to say you can see all the small cancers around the main one where it was spreading if i'd let the doc. cut it out like he wanted to he would have missed the small ones and that's why they keep coming back.
    Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:09 PM »

Hey Pedro

I got me nuts all sorted. Won't be long and I will need to squish them into the hole , 'I've  been thinking of where else you could put the solar panel. You could make up a big ass solar panel and use it for solar collection and one of those wagon spoilers. Then if u ever go camping, there will be plenty of power.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 24, 2013, 06:36:21 PM »

Do you know how to squish your nuts into the hole mate Roll Eyes, i think JB described it on his post using a flat plate a bolt and a nut, it's heaps easier if you can get your hands on the proper tool for the job though, as far as the solar panel goes  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Grin, it's amazing how well some of those solar lights with the led bulbs work though a mate has one set up in his 10 x 12 tin shed and it lights it up like daylight.
        Pedro

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 24, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »

Yeah i could put it on the shelf next to the little dog with the nodding head Roll Eyes,
    Pedro

And....... anything you'd like to say in your defence before the list is considered in a couple of months?  Huh  Angry

Cheesy

NosFEratu
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 24, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »

I purchased a nutsert kit off Evilbay for around $100. Worked well
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 24, 2013, 11:02:49 PM »

Pedro

A workmate has used the black salve with amazing success.  His day 1 experience was even more extensive than your photo (and I was a bit concerned at that point) but the end result was extraordinary, you could really see it work and no reoccurrence.  So far I have had nothing (38years old) but if I do it will be the treatment I seek.

Charlie

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:26 AM »

Pedro I've got the tool for the nutserts  if you want to borrow it. Give me a PM.

Regards

Wayne b
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 25, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »

Wayne i sent one of my big hydraulic ones up.. does M3 to M12

Think hes done now..

Also Pedro never really seen a skin cancer but i think ill go to the docs i have the exact same thing on my bottom lip that wont go away so i assume that is what it might be now..

pete

Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 25, 2013, 10:34:53 AM »

That will do it.

Get your lip checked out sooner rather than latter.

I'm paying the price now for now for not getting stuff checked.

Regards

Wayne b
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: