FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:52:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660398 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »

Front end stripped and degreased

Engine mounts modified and strenthened

Fuel tank fits really well, too well in fact, i still haven't solved the exhaust problem.
                      Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »

Ah yep the exhaust problem with the VN tank, hence my solution of pipes out in front of the diff... dont think you can do this as its a wagon and the exhaust has to be 150mm behind the last opening. there are some other cars that stinky has posted on the countdown to Orange that have the exhaust leaving the car under the bumperettes, maybe that will help you a little.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »

Thanks Jason I'll check it out, had time to make any progress on your project.
                                    Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2010, 05:08:05 PM »

Do you mean the pics by customFC Jason, the wagon has twin pipes out wide but it doesn't show where they come from Huh, if it were legal to go through the springs it would be easy as there is plenty of room and the pipe would exit in the same position as that wagon, I might have to get the tank cut down or a custom one made yet, $$$ Undecided
              Pedro

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »

Good on you Pedro for getting back into it, those mounts look great. Good to see that you didn't waste anytime with starting to get the HR front end sorted.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 26, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »

I thought that they were through the springs and wasn't aware that this is not legal... The only other way that I can think of is over the rear axle where the triangle section is out of the tank, and then change the shape of the pipe, to a letterbox mouth shape to keep the area the same for the exhaust and then back to a conventional round pipe to exit... Not sure how this would affect your flow though... is really the only other way to get it past the tank I am guessing.

These tanks have been put in before so there must be a way.

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 26, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »

So far all the other tanks I've seen have been mounted higher, rebated into the boot area so there was room for an exhaust, but being a wagon I was determined to keep the spare wheel well as i didn't want the spare in the back, I don't know for sure that it's illegal to go through the springs that's just what I've been told.
        Pedro

F4+
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »

Sorry mate just read you first post, unfortunately no progress, however the house has been sold so will have to find  place to put the ute and to make it easier I am going to have to get the steering hooked up to move it... So may get back for a few days and have a look at that.
I am still trying to get a few days off to come and have a look at the Nats, but wont know until about a week before if I can go.. i need to bid for days of on the roster.

JB

Phone +64 223509263
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:25 PM »

So far all the other tanks I've seen have been mounted higher, rebated into the boot area so there was room for an exhaust, but being a wagon I was determined to keep the spare wheel well as i didn't want the spare in the back, I don't know for sure that it's illegal to go through the springs that's just what I've been told.
        Pedro
Pedro I got MR FC passed with the exhausts running through the springs the engineer said he wanted the S/S exhaust 100mm from the aluminium fuel tank which stopped me running them next to the tank where I had planned ......SO ASK your engineer .....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »

Good to see your back into it Pedro. Is your target for completion now this year?

Regards

Wayne
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »

Pedro I got MR FC passed with the exhausts running through the springs

Thanks Mark it would save a lot of time and $ if i could go that way, I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed there is heaps of room , I'd better go and have a talk with the local inspector.

Is your target for completion now this year?

G'day Wayne, has to be done before october as my daughter wants to use the old girl for a wedding car.
             Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »

Engine mounts done.
              Pedro

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »

good to see that the weldee and the welder are both obviously working again!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

Good to see that you have been busy with it. All going well you should have an outrigger for the front end soon. Check your PM's

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »

That's some nice welding Pedro, I'll send my welding up there and you send your trim down here and we'll be set  Wink

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »

Nice goin Pedro, like the transformer engine mounts, the donk looks like a snug fit.
Good to see it all coming together, now just keep the momentum going
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 28, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »

All going well you should have an outrigger for the front end soon.

That's a very generous offer Keith, thanks i appreciate it Smiley Smiley, are you sure you won't need the outrigger for your car?, are there any bits you need for your car i can help you out with in return.

good to see that the weldee and the welder are both obviously working again!   

The welder still pumps out too much wire even on a zero setting but i finally beat it by screwing the tensioner on the wire reel right down, the weldee is feeling pretty good at the moment as things are falling into place thanks to the help with parts I've had from mates Smiley, thanks to you and John for the steering arms, Ray for the HR front end, Keith for the outrigger and Chook(son in law) just rocked up with a set of Dunnydore mags with good tyres still on them Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Insert Quote
That's some nice welding Pedro, I'll send my welding up there and you send your trim down here and we'll be set

Sounds great to me Stinky Cool Cool, wish we were closer though I'd come around and do everybodys welding for free.

now just keep the momentum going

Thanks Gary, the only thing likely to slow me now is the same as most other people $$$.
                Pedro

F4+
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »

Looks great Pedro well done mate

1959 Black Std sedan
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »

Nice work Pedro.Good to see some more progress.Hopefully I will have mine painted in the next couple weeks but I still have a lot to do that you already have done.Aaaahh well.We'll get there eventually...

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »

YAY Grin Grin, fuel tank and plumbing done with no explosions Smiley Smiley, ended up filling it with water which was handy because I could top it up each time to find leaks, just have to fit the steering column and bend the pipes around it and I can start on the wiring.

Pedro

F4+
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: