FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:35:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 664453 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 06, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »

Thanks for the tip Mark  Cheesy

Also depends on what weight bog used, as to how well it sands.

The better stuff, just powders off and final finish using a skim coat of light weight filler.

just before it kicks I cheat and knock off any highs with a cheese grater file being careful not to pull holes in it if it's too soft.

and sand it just after it kicks and try not to let it set for long periods..

Apologies if you're already doing this, but I find these little things
all makes sanding less painful.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 06, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »

"I'll probably be finished around christmas-----2014 "...........just in time for Tassie!!!

At least you won't have far to travel Weddo is it going to be near your place.

Here you go Phil, they finally fixed photobucket

get the panel as straight as you can

Skim coat the whole panel

then sand it, had to do it twice to get all the hollows but it is so much easier this way

Roof is harder to sand than i expected as it has no support behind

Funny you should mention "keep on rubbing" Pete, I didn't even give it a thought at the time but i grabbed an old t-shirt as a prepsol rag the other day

Rupes electric stroke sander
sounds like fun to use Mark Wink, unfortunately there's no money in the budget for new tools though, I'm feeling a lot more confident now i know where i was going wrong, had to go and do a small concrete slab first thing today but have gotten heaps of fiddly stuff done since, would you believe i'm actually looking foreward to doing the doors now Shocked

Thanks for the tips ED every little bit helps, better finish lunch and get back to it.
                  Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
pbh0069
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:33 PM »

Cheers Pedro

My budget is the same as yours

seeing how its done makes sense now

Thanks Phil. Grin Grin
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 07, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »

No worries Phil, what i did was type "how to apply bodyfiller" then "how to sand bodyfiller" into google, then spent ages watching videos and reading articles etc, made the job a lot easier.

Well the body would have been back in primer and guide coat this arvo but my tin of primer had gone off, will have to wait for morning now, the local auto shop didn't have metal spreaders so i checked out the local hardware and discovered these, they work really well and it was only just over $10 for a set of four, also the bog etc. was cheaper there so it definitely pays to shop around first.

Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »

Back in etch primer, didn't turn out too bad for a dodgee brother, still a few fiddly bits to finish off before i'm happy though.

Pedro

F4+
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 08, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

Hey Pedro; great Fathers Day present!  Cool (best you do what you're told, eh?  Wink)

Good to see 'the show on the road again'  Smiley

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 09, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »

best you do what you're told, eh?

Yes uncle Jack Lips sealed, good to see you back it's been too quiet without you.
                Pedro

F4+
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 09, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »

I agree Jack. Hopefully by Christmas?

Regards

Wayne b
pbh0069
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:43 AM »

Hi Pedro

Went to hardware shop and got a s/steel one and done a back door

worked out HEAPS beater

Cheers Phil  Cheesy
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

So much for have some me time and work on the car Roll Eyes, got offered the job of rebuilding the deck on the Boonah Motel, they were happy with my work and offered me the job of doing all their maintenance and i had to take it as work is hard to come by at the moment,  I'm just quickly typing this while i eat lunch but will be back to work on the car by the end of next week as by the look of it I've been put on a Christmas deadline Wink.
                Pedro

F4+
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »

mmmmmmmmmm, so, sounds like a tough contract there Pedro, nice cold refreshments while re building the deck ay
not to mention the counter lunch  Grin

good 1

Gary
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 11, 2012, 11:48:05 AM »

Remember its not the size of your deck,  its what you do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7Ue5emo6I

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »

mmmmmmmmmm, so, sounds like a tough contract there Pedro, nice cold refreshments while re building the deck ay
not to mention the counter lunch

That sounds great to me too Gary, unfortunately it's the Boonah motel not hotel though, we've got three pubs in town so maybe i should go and put my name down for some handyman work there too, probably not a good idea really though as I'd never get anything done Wink

Remember its not the size of your deck,  its what you do with it.

I can think of half a dozen replies to that but none of them suitable for this site, so i'll just say yes it was good working on my deck outside in the fresh air for a change Roll Eyes

Managed to fit in doing all the door alignments and welded plates in the rear upper guard sections the other day, just had some new eyebrows delivered from rares so as soon as i can i'll weld them in and all the welding will be finished Smiley
                     Pedro

F4+
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 16, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

Well at least we have an update. Are you still sending it off for painting?

Rgds

Wayne b
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 01, 2013, 06:31:22 AM »

Where you at Pedro?

Any news on the rig?

Phone +64 223509263
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure Pedro's focus is on something other than cars at the moment.  I'm sure he'll pop on here when he feels he is able to.  Smiley

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:03 PM »

Thanks Kathi and thanks for the support you and the other F4 crew have been giving us, Well here goes, I didn't want to say anything before Christmas as i didn't want to spoil Chrissy and lately i just haven't been motivated and didn't know what to say, Mez was given the all clear in October then in late November she started getting pains in her gut, so she had tests done and two days before Christmas they gave us the news, her cancer is back and it has spread to her liver, lungs, ribs and spine, the doctors said they can prolong her life through chemo but there is no cure, we had a couple of weeks sitting around crying and feeling sorry for ourselves but i have discovered through research the docs don't know everything and there are hundreds of cases where people have been cured using other methods so now we are feeling a lot more positive, we have changed to an alkaline diet as cancer thrives in an acidic environment and nearly everything we eat nowadays is acidic, we also started taking Percy Weston's powder a few weeks ago as well as Graviola/soursop powder and today Sir Jason Winters tea arrived so we will be starting on that too, something must be working as Mezza's blood count has gone from 1900 down to 500 in just a few weeks, she is eating more and has been able to cut out nearly all her pain medication also my skin cancers are starting to clear up, the wagon and the reno are on the backburner for now as i have had to take over the housework and look after Mez, well not much else to say at the moment hope everyone is well and your projects are coming together the way you want.
          Pedro

F4+
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 11, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »

Thats sad Pedro. I dont know you or Mez personally but i hope all goes well. It seems we all know someone that has or is going through the same situation. My wifes sister had an anurism on the brain. Got to hospital on time and had an op to fix it. Went to see her after op and all of a sudden she was swearing at everyone (didnt swear before). Wife left crying but doctors said this can happen. Next day all was well and talking normally. Everything looking good again. Go home and come back later and she was pronounced brain dead. What a kick in the guts that was. Where there is life there is always hope mate.
Regards Brett
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 15, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »

Thanks Brett, sorry to hear about your sister in law, life can suck sometimes, you're right about there always being hope though and having a positive attitude is half the battle, thanks for the words of support so many people are afraid to say the wrong thing or don't know what to say so they say nothing and that is worse because it makes us feel like they don't care,  anyway Mez had her treatment again Wednesday and her blood/liver count is now down again that's a really good sign, the doc said down from just under a 1000 to 465 in 5 weeks and she has also cut out all painkillers so something she is doing is working, she has also added creamed cheese and flaxseed to her regimen now, you can look up any of these protocols on google.
                  Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »

Good luck  Pedro and Mez

its a very touchy subject with most people as most people know someone first hand that has gone thru it and know how painful the whole ordeal is.

Get well Mez

Pete

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: