FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE-1957  (Read 12212 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:25:01 AM »

Ebay Item #230242784137

Looks like a lovely car - whose is it and what do you think it will fetch? I would love to look it over if I was nearby.....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »

Ebay Item #230243817030

Relisted - same car.

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 02:12:33 AM »

Pity I wasn't closer, I could have a proper look at it. Anyone guesstimate what it would likely be worth? Seems to me somewhere between where it is now and 8 - 8500 would be fair enough. But what do I know sitting over here - except I am determined to get another FE/FC over here soon by hook or by crook.

Sideplate
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »

9 plus Id guess now of a stock FE.  Specially from Ballarat..............
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 03:32:57 AM »

7600 in the end. Seems a good price for the buyer.

rat

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »

was on car sales for 6500 ono Roll Eyes
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 02:52:46 AM »

Where was the ad rat? Do you have a link?

FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »

Hi Guys
Rat the one on car sales is a different vehicle it has a red roof and is in Queensland and FE1957 was in Frederickton NSW

Regards Mick
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »

Relisted again - must be getting p'd off:

Ebay Item #230247963733

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 10:04:46 AM »

OR he has a mate running it up for him  Huh Huh......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:46:07 AM »

Don't know FC427 - been in contact with them and I was the underbidder on the last go round. Could see myself driving it around Ireland. They got stiffed by the last winner and have relisted. First relist was ebays fault I think. I will bid again but probably won't get her as I have to consider shipping costs.

Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »

So, I bought it!!

It will be joining my FC ute in the coming months over here in Ireland...

My father has insisted he gets to fly up and drive it back to Vic and store it for a while until I sort out shipping. There is value in shipping 2 or 3 cars in one 40 foot container over a 20 foot container that can take only 1 car.

So now I need to source another car that would come over and ultimately get sold to offset some of the shipping costs of the FE. Will probably have to sell the plates off at some point for the same reason - no point having them here where they will not do any good. More than likely buy a spruced up v8 of some kind pre mid 70's as cars over 30 years old here attract lower import tax and about $80 a year to register.

Really looking forward to getting it over here......

I958GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »

Great pick up, l half thought about it myself. Good luck with the new addition-1958GM-Mark
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 09:12:01 PM »

Hey Paul
Cool score and cool idea.
Ireland can't have too many Holdens.
How about a V8 1 tonner as a second car for the container.
Regards
Alex

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »

Hi Paul

Congratulations on your purchase. 

Obviously your dad is only going up there to drive it back cos there's no-one else that can Roll Eyes ...... and he'll probably have to take it out of "storage" every now and then just to make sure it's still running before it gets shipped to you  Roll Eyes  Aaah, the sacrifices parents make for their kids! 

By the sounds of it, I think you might have a tough time getting him to load it in the container for you!  It's really good to see your dad as enthusiastic about it as you!  Hope his road trip goes well!  Cheesy

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 03:57:46 AM »

Kathi,

He's already after telling me it is the same model and colour car he courted my mother in back in the day. And they have been thinking about a 50's sunday driver for a while as well. So I told him he can enjoy this for a few months - and you could be right, I may have trouble getting out of his carport and into a container!!

Paul.

Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 06:35:05 AM »

Alex,

I think it will have to be a v8 to be realistic in selling it on. More buyers for classics with v8's here. I like the one tonne idea... you selling one or something??

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »

Hi Paul

As long as you don't get these comments from your parents "our first child was conceived in the back of one just like this".  We hear that one all the time from the "more mature ones" that talk to us but, ooooo  too much information if your parents happen to spring that one on you!   Shocked

The two other most popular comments are "we drove all the way around Australia in one of them with 4-5 kids and a caravan in tow" and "I used to have one exactly like that - except it was a different model and a different colour".   Roll Eyes

These cars tend to bring back lots of memories for them of their younger more spritely years!  And being a little sentimental myself, I think it's great if they can relive some of their memories through my car - even if theirs was exactly the same as mine except it was a differnt model and colour!  Cheesy

Hope your mum and dad and eventually you (when you prise it off of him) enjoy the car!  Wink

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »

Congrats, Paul, an FC and an FE in ireland, now you won't be able to be biased towards FC's anymore when we have debates Grin

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

Kathi,

LMAO at your last post, My wife, Sandra, was told by her mother that it was Karma, me having an FC. When asked why, Sandra was told that she was conceived in the back of a green FC panelvan. Sandra hasn't thought too highly of FC's (of any type) since... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And Ken, I did ask if she still had the rego papers so I could get the numbers..... Grin Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: