FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Spotto FE and FC Holdens  (Read 6413 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:00:18 PM »

I had a day off today and whilst doing business around town I came across two early birds. It's rare enough to see one (unless on a run).
The first was a light green FE Sedan with a Tilli Kit and looked very close to standard, the driver at a guess would have been in her early 20s when the car was realeased. Even more to her credit she was headed into town with her FE Holden.
The second was an FC Holden Sedan parked on the side of Port Road, another standard looking car with a "peachy" two tone paint job.
Good to see them still out there being driven, not hidden.

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:06:29 PM »

But Stinky, I didn't take my car to work today - and it's black not green!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »

Kathi
its not like a women to admit her age so freely, early 20's + 53 = 55 ish.

Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »

Jim

TSK TSK TSK dont you know how to do womans age maths. 20's + 53 is obviously 35!!!! Wink Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:02:44 AM »

Hi EffCee - I must admit I like your version of maths better than Jims!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

And while I'm not actually the same age as the woman driving the green FE Stinky saw today - the body does feel like it sometimes.  I would love to think though that at that age I was still capable of driving NosFEratu!

It's great when you see a car that the original owner is driving it. I love it that 9 times out of 10 they usually have every accessory under the sun - I especially love those little black bump stop attachments on all the doors!   Roll Eyes

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 12:10:06 AM »

Oh, and by the way boys - try somewhere about halfway in between those ages !
I'm not afraid to admit I'm old!  Cry

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »

EffCee
Thats why the wife always get the shits with me on her birthday. She was born in 1968 so that must mean she is approx 29 this year.

Thanks for the tip. Now that you pointed out the errors of my ways I wish I could edit my previous post b4 Kathi see's it lol.

Jim Shocked

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 06:58:46 AM »

But back to spotting South Australian FEs and FCs - did you see the FE in the collection of cars on The Collectors on ABC TV on 2 April?  They didn't show it close up and it looked in need of some care (and unlikely to get it amongst the hundreds of cars sitting out in the weather).

Cheers
David

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »

Hi David

Yep, we watched that last night with interest too. While it is nice to see people with a passion (aka OCD) like theirs you have to wonder how they think that their collection will be "worth so much" in 30 years time when the greater majority of them are sitting out in the open! Unfortunately I don't think they have any chance at all of giving any of them the attention they need.   Sad

Personally I don't think I could be tempted into paying to go to their "dream museum" in 2020 to see a bunch of averagely styled english cars in poor condition (given that they said they had no real intention of restoring them!).  Oh well, each to their own!

It's just too bad that they probably wouldn't be willing to sell the FE to someone who would be prepared to give it some attention and make it a respectable and usable car!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 09:50:36 AM »

There's also a two-tone green FC mostly original getting around the Elizabeth area, even more unusual is the bog-stock '57 Chev sedan that gets around the Arndale area. I haven't seen it lately, but judging by the patina (read surface rust) it has it's original paint.
I guess I should get mine fixed and registered instead of bitching about it not being driven  Roll Eyes

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »

I guess I should get mine fixed and registered instead of bitching about it not being driven  Roll Eyes

And your proposed date for it's first cruise would be ?

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »

Hmmmm, well, between work (Hospital IT), wife and 4 (busy) kids, sideline of motor trimming, editor for two club mags (SMASA and FE/FC Club), website mgr for SMASA and now another cause soon Roll Eyes Shtit, I didn't realise I had that much to do until I wrote it down  Grin I think I need to book some holidays soon. I just hope the damage to the car is only a blown seal or split convertor as first hoped. Maybe I'll wait until the new season starts in spring  Tongue

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 07:01:52 PM »

Hi Stinky

yeah yeah excuses excuses  Tongue

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »

How uncanny it is Glenn...After reading this post last night,I had to go to Rares today on South rd.I walked out,looked down the road and could hardly believe that the same old lady (wearing her tea cosy and hunched over the steering wheel) came driving down South rd right in front of me.Same double green FE with quite a striking Tilli kit and the original black and white SA plates..... Shocked

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »

Good on ya boys, ive been following that car for years just waiting to snaffle it Cheesy saw it coming down unley rd. the other day, and there is a grey and white sedan driven daily in the Elizabeth area by an elderly gent and i can go on but i wont, does give you a good feeling when you see them , i usually take a photo.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: