FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:47:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: taillight lenses  (Read 1841 times)
kelnic

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:36:54 PM »

i have just purchased an 58 fc sedan special and the rear indicator lenses are clear in colour but are damaged from the sunlight and are cracked/brittle. i am looking to replace the lenses but only seem to find amber colour lenses, as i am new to this model car and want to try to keep it as standard  as possible are the lenses suppose to be clear or amber?    cheers scott Grin

evanston, south oz
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »

Scott, It depends, if when you turn the blinkers on & the lower part flashes then you will need the orange lenses, if not, the blinker is part of the brake / park light circuit, you will need the clear lenses, these can then act as reversing lights if you have the correct bits to install them.

Chech your wiring harness to see if any wiring goes to the lower section

From memory, late 59 vehicles had the orange lower blinkers, but a lot of earlier cars were converted over, I have an FE Panelvan that has been changed over to the orange blinkers.

There is a thread on here somewhere how to alter the wiring to achieve this, if though you want to retain the clears they come up on ebay every now & then, not sure if Rares do them though.

Cheers, Gary
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 06:50:18 AM »

Scott Gary is correct in what he says. Rares do sell the clear lenses.
Cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: