FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:21:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 291274 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »

Thanks Dave, Josh, Weddo and Damo.   

When we were up there, Wayne and Lee said that they did a lot of FE FC wheels for US cars - they're apparently very popular over there.  So, if we ever have a shortage here we might have to start checking US E-Bay!  Cheesy

I must admit it's a nice little boost as I keep thinking my car is a bit tired but when something like that happens it makes you realise that perhaps it's holding it's 21 year old re-build quite well.  It's also given me the incentive to clean up the engine bay to make it look a little bit more pretty than it currently does - under the hood is definitely it's most neglected area! Undecided  Smiley

NosFEratu
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »
+1

under the hood is definitely it's most neglected area! Undecided  Smiley

Mine too Roll Eyes
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »

You absolute @#$&^s

That web page for Pearlcraft is way cool.  I keep on replaying that opening page simply because it sounds & looks so good.

BTW,

Kathi,

Well done on being 'chosen' for the cover and two of the content cars.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »

Grin Grin Thanks Spinner  Grin Grin  I didn't even realise it had sound!  Shocked  I always have it on mute! (no comments you lot! Roll Eyes) But you're absolutely right - the old crackling tuning-in of the music great! Cheesy 

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 04, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »

So, having been admonished on EffCee’s thread for the lack of my own updates, here goes……

It would seem that every 10-11 years a review is undertaken on the condition of my mechanicals.  Some minor fixes were undertaken at the most recent review but my expert says replacement of my suspension components is definitely required in the future.  So…. now that I’ve given you the update on my knees I guess I should let you know what’s happening with the FE.  Cheesy

Warning – restorers may want to stop reading now!

Many will know my body is falling apart and that I no longer get as much enjoyment out of driving my car due to the pain I suffer afterwards.  So, in order for me to continue driving and enjoying my car the plan (for the last 10 years at least) has always been to update the mechanicals and change it to an automatic. 

On February 14th work began – yes - some may deem it the 21st Century St Valentine’s Day Massacre.  Less than a week later, NosFEratu’s vital organs were donated to a worthy “transplant recipient”.  Please note that the recipient’s parents had to pass an extensive screening process to ensure it was the right match and that there would be no rejection issues.  To save its parents from being pestered for updates by the unforgiving masses I will only divulge that it is a male FE.  Wink

Anyway, when completed, NosFEratu will have a nice little red motor, column shift auto, HR front end and Centura diff.  From the outside it will look no different and, interior wise, it will only be a larger trans tunnel and the EK auto indicator for the column shift. 

And nup, nothing exciting to see photo wise yet! 

Happy little chappies now?  Grin

NosFEratu
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 04, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »

a nice little red motor

oh.....

'little' and 'red' eh? 

a 149 perhaps??  Wink Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 04, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »

NosFEratu, your post back in May 16, 2010.  What did you paint the garage floor with?

Red

1959 FC Holden Ute
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 04, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »

NosFEratu will have a nice little red motor

I reckon it will be a 'red' motor, but not of the GMH variety.

Regards,

Ol_Girl_58
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 04, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »

Hi Red

Can't remember the brand but it was a polyurethane two pack paint from Paint Supplies here in Adelaide.  Cost about $500 to do 72 square metres and we applied it with a paint roller in two stages.  Impervious to all liquids that have fallen on it so far and very easy to sweep dirt up off in comparison to cement!

Kathi

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »

Nothin' much to see here (literally). A couple of shots of an almost empty engine bay and an underside that both still need a little more cleaning before the angle grinder gets a work out. Given the paint is just over 21 years old it's holding up pretty good. Apologies for the shadow in one of the photos - the butler did it!  Cheesy

And I'm also happy to say that the floor and Y-frames are all in good nick and still no signs of rust after 55 years - gotta be happy with that!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2011, 11:30:27 AM »

Hey hang on a sec there, Kathi....

I'm sure I spotted one tiny speck of dirt on the underside in that 2nd pic...  Roll Eyes Wink Wink

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
DN2168
nsw-club

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »

Kathi, we need a close up of the rsd thing wrapped in plastic in the background please Tongue.

Dean.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2011, 03:21:35 PM »

You really want a picture of my trans Dean?  Huh   Smiley

And noted Jack - I'll make sure I clean that bit just before the angle grinder goes into the floor! Roll Eyes

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »

I sent Maco some shots of the horn button he transformed into a bonnet badge for the FE and he suggested that I pop the shots up here for all to see. So........ if you don't like them blame Maco  Wink

A little introduction to them - my 21 year old niece (Taygan Bassi) has just finished a Degree in Visual Arts (Photography) and last week she moved to Melbourne after being accepted into the prestigious Fashion/Commercial Photography degree at RMIT.  She's won several awards over the years for her photos but she's never taken any of cars and has always wanted to do some shots of my FE (why settle for anything less!).  So, after being lectured about the best time to photograph black cars is at dusk (naturally) here's her first attempt at "cars" - and, yes, Maco's emblem stands out quite well in them.  Smiley

The last shot is her friend Emily's first ever "modelling" shoot - now while I think she looks quite cute she is blocking the real star of the photo! And I know you'll all agree with me!   Wink Grin   

And remember, if you don't like them - blame Maco!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
DN2168
nsw-club

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »

Nice Bumpers  Roll Eyes
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »

What car Huh Huh was there a car in that photo  Huh Huh absolutely stunning how can I get the girls up to Sydney to do a photo shoot with my T  Huh Huh Huh
Taygen is a very tallanted girl ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2011, 10:10:33 PM »

Nice Bumpers  Roll Eyes

geez, Dean; I thought you said you wanted a close-up of her transmission?  Huh Wink

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2011, 10:28:06 PM »

her transmission?  Huh Wink

or did he mean Tranny?  Shocked Grin

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2011, 08:55:43 AM »

again, ha ha for varying reasons!  Wink  Cheesy  and Stinky, Emily is the real deal...... unlike Kristii  Wink

And if anyone is looking for an alternative photoshoot (car or otherwise) for any occasion contact Taygan through her business StrayCat Photographics

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stray-Cat-Photographics/100025710733
or
http://www.straycatphotographics.com.au/

She's sure to come up with something a little different for you at a price I'm sure you'll be happy with.  And yes, she can organise models if you really want some female blocking your car in the photo  Smiley

OK biased advert finished.  Grin

NosFEratu
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »

Did you notice the moon eyes on the grille???
 i didnt either the wife did..  LOL

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: