FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 295476 times)
FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »

Just saw the pics of the 58 corvette = drool , i'm a bit of a purist when it comes to classic muscle like that, original as possible except for wheels and a bit of performance bling.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2008, 09:28:50 AM »

NEXT THURSDAY Shocked, I thought you meant this thursday, glad I'm not John Wink,

Now Pedro, you know that should read his eternity ring!

How do you tell if your car is male or female, hope mine is a girl or it will think i'm gay after all the sweet talk I've been giving it. Grin Grin
                                        Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »

Hi Paul - I think you really have to "pick" what style of car they go on so you don't do the car's theme an injustice. And yes, I agree some of the colours can be a tad southern european (no offence to anyone!). I'm pretty sure that I'll be happy with mine and that it will "add" to my car!  Embarrassed  If not, it'll be a major anticlimax after 20+ years of dreaming about one!  Cry

Hi Nick - I appreciate your sentiments re originality.  But our aim is to drive it as much as possible and the thought of a V8 capable of doing 150mph in something with suspension that's not even on par with an FJ is a little scary!  You'll find most early vette owners may cruise in them but don't drive them regularly because of their shocking handling. But each to their own and this baby will not be a show car, trailered or kept tucked away in a shed - it will be driven and driven hard!  Grin

And Pedro - how many times do I have to remind you of the phallic symbol on the bonnet??  Roll Eyes

Kathi

NosFEratu
FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »

Kathi, i'm all for making it a safer vehicle, i just like those beautiful lines kept original as you have done.
 Was it a 6 or V8 from the factory ?
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »

Hi Nick

The only vette's with a 6 were '53 & '54.  All from '55 onwards were V8's - although there were "supposed" to be some 6's in '55 but, to the best of our knowledge, no-one seems to have been able to find one!  Ours was a 283, twin four barrel with powerglide. 

We definitely had no intention of spoiling it's overall styling as that's what attracts us to the C1's too - although a few little things have "fallen off" it in the rebuild.  We've updated the suspension and mechanicals cos wanted to feel safe, and at the same time enjoy, driving it as we believe that's where you get your greatest return on investment with any car.

Kathi

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »

And besides, I get to dirve it next June if it's ready....  Roll Eyes

But it has to be yellow!!

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

I'd be just happy to cruise with them.......Oh.....There's no backseat.... Lips sealed Embarrassed Lips sealed

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »

Hi Paul - No problems Paul - if it's running next June and your'e here you're quite welcome to sit in the (original) driver's seat and dreamTongue  But.... you might want to check the definition of dirvehttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dirve Shocked Shocked Shocked Um... Is your car male too?  Cheesy

Hi Keith - that's called the boot!  C1's have them - unlike the late model stuff!   Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2008, 02:51:02 AM »

I'll be more likely to give it some wellie than give it so dirve!!  Grin

Cool

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »

And if I could just get John to flip the hinges around so that it opens "dickie seat style" I'll have no problems haulin' my fat rear end into the boot........

Grin

No.......

Lips sealed

I didn't think so Embarrassed Lips sealed

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »

Roll Eyes  You two are nuts!  Roll Eyes

NosFEratu
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »

Rita and I are sticking to using pizza for bait in our attempts to hook a ride   Wink Wink Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »

MMMMM---Pizza Smiley Smiley Smiley

And Pedro - how many times do I have to remind you of the phallic symbol on the bonnet??

I think my car must have gone through a mid life crisis and had an enlargement, the bonnet has holes for a smaller EK hood ornament but was fitted with a larger FC one when i got it Cheesy Cheesy.
sounds like you're going to have to stretch that vette to fit us all in Kathi Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy
                              Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »

It was 25 years ago in October that I got my FE....... so, being of the FEmale persuasion, I figure the only way to commemorate a silver anniversary is to buy an eternity ring!  Wink

The red flips in it's depth and intensity and the tint over the black means you only see a hint of pearl in very bright light!  Cheesy

I can highly recommend Wayne and Lee at Pearlcraft - absolutely wonderful people to deal with and a quality product too!

My FE is now how I always dreamt that it should be!   Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »

WOO HOO, Grin Grin Grin Grin

Now isn't that one very sexy eternity ring, I see "Albert" managed to get the wheel on without marking or scratching it. I can tell because there is no blood spatters over the dash Grin Grin

At least now you have something "purty" to hang on to while dealing with the beast's acceleration Wink

Keith

F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »

Looks great Kathi.What was the cost?
Cheers,
Graham
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2008, 07:36:37 AM »

Don't like a lot of those wheels but that is one colour combo that I do like - you have my approval!!  Grin

Cool

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »

Thanks guys, to say I'm pretty happy with it is a bit of an understatement!   Grin 

And Paul, thanks, I feel so much better now!  Roll Eyes  Wink 

Rim restoration and pearling was $640 - money well spent as far as I'm concerned!  Cheesy

Kathi     

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO  Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin Grin

looking very sweet indeed Kathi, they did a great job.
is it still the same size ?

its a shame though,
with Nosferatu's oversions to daylight
the wheels true beauty will never be seen  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

or does this mean you may venture out during the day a little more frequently Cool Cool Cool Cool

and very happy to hear John survived the fitting.

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2008, 11:32:26 AM »

Hi Dean - I told those rumour-mongers you were still alive!  Cheesy

Still the same size but it ended up a winky bit "fatter" due to the process. I briefly considered getting it reduced by 1" but I didn't want to change my “25 year driving position” (yet!  Wink ) Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: