FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:55:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: (F)E-bay  (Read 20970 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »

This one?  Grin No dancing pics, I might have others but would need to go digging.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:47:02 AM by stinky » Logged

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 10:01:56 AM »

Hi Stinky, knew that one should be pretty easy for you to find in the SMASA archives - back in it's original condition days pre 1989.  The one in the background was mine and the ex's two tone blue V6FC - don't know where it ended up - he sold it after I left.  I was more worried about having to leave my windowless FE van behind - fortunately John and I bought it again (by pure accident) last year.   Shocked

There's probably not too many pics of my car at any shows.  I personally like to drive - not show - cars.  I like the freedom of arriving when I want and leaving when I want – that’s why you will usually see my baby in the car park.  I’ve had too many years of being stuck at shows, after spending days/weeks polishing and prepping. Also spent too many days cleaning the underside of the ex's car (the "train") after having driven it interstate for shows before he arrived later to help set it up for shows.  Aaah - I don't really miss it at all.  Let me drive 'em - that's where the real enjoyment is.   Grin

Will post some pics of “NosFEratu” and “VanHelsing” when I get a chance.  Might even throw one up of the “58” to whet your appetite!

Still reeling from this morning …. Kathi  (aka NosFEratu  Cool )

NosFEratu
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »

Looking forward to the pics.
Sounds like you have some interesting cars in your past as well as your present.
When you talk about "the Train", are you refering to Midnight Express?
I saw the ME at the 5th Street Machine Nats in Canberra in '82.
That van had/has the best murals ever placed on a car in Australia.
A work of art!!!
Regards
Alex

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

and the winner for correctly guessing the latest cryptic clue is ......... CustomFC Grin

Like I said, been round a lot of car shows in my younger years! And yep, I spent many days polishing them thar murals to bring them up to scratch for shows seeing as it was driven regularly.  And yes, they were, and still are a great work of art! 

NosFEratu Cool

NosFEratu
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 03:12:36 PM »

I've not seen the black with red interior combo on an FE/FC before, but it's much more "common" on FJs.....

There are a few more pics of your car floating around from something called "Tanunda cruise"

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »

Hi Hewart

This is getting a little embarassing!  Embarrassed 

Yep, you will usually see it at the Valley Rodders "Cruise On" on the Saturday night.  It's a great night - they block off the main street at 4pm and line it with cars.  This year's street party had a phenomenal amount of cars and people there - it was little cooler than usual so I guess that helped. 

Anyone who is over here in SA on the 3rd Saturday night in January should check it out - they do have a complete weekend event but we normally just go out there for the Saturday night.  It's a great show of cars and I highly recommend it to all.

I am getting sprung good and proper - aren't I ??  I am humbled (and no, I'm not joking) that you and Stinky (and maybe some others) have thought enough of my car to take some photos.  Thanks Kiss

NosFEratu  Cool

NosFEratu
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »

I am getting sprung good and proper - aren't I ??  I am humbled (and no, I'm not joking) that you and Stinky (and maybe some others) have thought enough of my car to take some photos.  Thanks Kiss

NosFEratu  Cool
If you didn't drive it so much and put it in a few shows there'd be heaps more photos  Grin
Love the car, I reckon if you were at the Nats you might have clinched a trophy or three, if not a Top 10.
Now start up a thread in the "Real Cars" section before I start one for you Tongue

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »

Thanks Stinky  Kiss

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »

Well, have a look here - the one at the start of this thread has re-appeared on e-bay and it's through a car dealer now!  Can't remember what it went for last time though!  Ebay Item #230254085907

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »

Just checked - went for $6,101 last time!  Nice little profit of around $1,400 if he gets the start price! 

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »

THe other one, the original, was bought by the guy who I just bought the white FE from. He always wanted a black one and sold the other to finance it.

Going in circles....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 09:56:50 PM »

Hi Paul, interesting bit of info there.  You do wonder where some of them end up! 

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 12:37:34 AM »

Yeah, makes you wonder - like the white one is going to end up on the other side of the planet!

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »

But only when you get it out of "storage" with your dad though!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »

NOT when Kathi "IF" .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »

Thanks for the correction there FC427!   Wink

Yes, if you ever get it out of "storage" with your dad!  Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »

He's going up Monday to collect it - he's like a giddy schoolgirl!!

I may have a harder time getting it than I thought - you guys could be right!

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »

Hi Paul

Hey, it's exciting! I can well understand his enthusiasm! It's not only a fun experience for him but he's got "bragging rights" - it's for his son and it's gonna go half way round the world! Grin 

Hope your dad's road trip goes well and that he, and the car, get home safely and in one piece!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »

Hi Paul

Hope your dad's road trip goes well and that he, and the car, get home safely and in one piece!

Kathi  Cool

Paul,
         Be very, very wary if your Dad says that he smashed it up and it is no good to send to you anymore. Embarrassed

Demand indelible proof that it is indeed your car. You never know but you may just have bought dear old Dad a nice car. Smiley

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: