FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:57:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes these 50th anniversary badges?  (Read 2382 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120227272823&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=002

And what do they really cost? I was offered a second chance offer for $60 - I had bid up that far, not realising what the final price would be. Are they a limited edition or could I get one cheaper from the original maker or supplier?

Thanks.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »

Paul
I wandered that myself, I bidded on one and it sold for a bit over $60, my highest bid was $25 and no second chance offer. Surely they would cost a heap less than $60.

I want one for the car and one for the cabinet but am not willing to pay over inflated prices for a new item with no limit to the number being produced. I would hazard a guess that if manufacture in bulk 50 to 100 they would cost $15 to $25 each

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:33:26 AM »

Jim - He has now offered me 2 for $120 - I am tempted but like you say it isn't the cheapest price for something that I would have thought was $30 +/- given it will become a collectable.

Gunna hold fire for a bit longer.....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:50:42 AM »

Hey guys,
We could do our own version.....have just completed a run of badges for the nats...something like the one on ebay could be done for approx $30-35 per badge so if there was enough interest I could get some
made up.
That way we could make sure they WERE limited editions.
Just a thought
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: