FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:14:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Electric wiper / Cntrl arm bushes  (Read 4334 times)
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »

Hi All,

I'm back in Oz after an awesome time in Canada and now back in the shed working on the old girl.

My rego check didn't go too well and I need to "improve wiper operation" so I'm thinking a single or double speed electric one would be great.  I know they are becoming hard to find but if anyone has a kit ready to go I'd be very grateful if I could buy it.

Also I've been unable to locate control arm bushes from rares, does anyone know where to get them from?

Cheers,

Phil
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »

Welcome back Phil.  There is likely to be a motor somewhere around the ACT club members.  If you haven't secured one by Wednesday the 13th, we are meeting that night (NOT Thursday this month only).  Come along and see if we can get you what you need.

See you then hopefully,
David

Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »

Hi David,

I'll be at the meeting so we'll see how we go there.

Cheers,

Phil
fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »

EK electric motor should still be easy enough to find, I think I still have a couple.

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 09:00:36 AM »

Thanks Guys,

I removed the wiper motor, gave it a good clean out, dropped in some lube and it’s good as gold! fcstationsedan I’d be interested if you have an EK motor for sale. PM me if you like.

Can anybody help with a Upper-Outer Control Arm Bush? I’ve checked with some of the suspension guys and they don’t think they have anything that would suit and Rares don’t appear to have them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »

hey phil have you tried speeds holden wreckers in mitchell. they stock quite a range of NOS parts aswell.
i also have a wiper motor from what i think is mid 70's holden, maybe torana in good condition you are welcome to it if it can be butchered for parts.

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:43:36 AM »

Thanks Smithy, I gave Speeds a call and the bloke (pretty helpful bloke too) said he had one but referred to it as a “ Upper/outer pivot pin kit”, can anyone confirm if that is that the same part? ($55.00).

Cheers,

Phil
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »

re speeds, yeah i have always found them to be really helpful, though Lance ( i think thats him) rolls his eyes and cringes whenever i walk in and says "WHAT NOW ?" Cheesy as its nearly always FE/FC related and what will fit or what can i modify to fit, etc.

good luck.

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »

forgot to add, the best part is that you are free to walk around and check things for yourself.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »

Yes upper outer pivot pin kit or bush kit - should be the same thing - you need two parts , a bush and a pin (or bolt), they both wear out and should be replaced together. I have new ones as well if you run out of luck

Ken
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »

Thanks for the help guys.

Pulled the wiper motor apart, removed excess lube (was like a 1/2 full yoghurt tub in there) and she works a dream.

Speeds had the kit for the u/o cntrl arm bushes which are now fitted.

Cheers again,

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: