FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:47:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SCRATCH PLATES, DOOR PULLS & GRILL BADGE INSERT  (Read 7148 times)
hardman

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »

Hi, I am trying to chase up 4 scratch plates, 4 door pulls and a grill badge insert (Repo or reconditioned) for my FC. Can anybody help me out please? I have heard that rare spares may be making repo scratch plates but unsure if that is correct. Will pay for items and postage. Cheers.
Sideplate
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »

Good luck mr plod.......... Tongue
hardman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »

You should'nt get on the forum when you have drunk too much TAYZ!!!! Wink
fc_mad

in the build

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:56:57 PM »

i have what i think is the grill insert
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:43:58 PM »

Hardman what would a set of 4 of those door pull handles with the groves that match the window winder and door handle be worth Huh?........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »

Scratch plates will be available soon from Rares - check out the pics in the reproductions area of the forum

Ken
hardman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »

Hello gents, thanks for your replies.

The price of 4 door pulls .... I don't know FC427 but if you have some for sale Id like to talk to you!!!! Smiley

fc_mad, Do you know what sort of condition its in and how much you want for it? I emailed graham fuller about them but he doesn't think he has any left Sad

Thanks Ken I had a look at the repo ones. I will probably just wait for them, they look good Cheers
retro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:47 PM »

hard man, as good as they look (the repos), i dare say they wont fit as good.

I had a set of repo eh ones on a wagon i did up.... mega crap. and im not the only one to say this.
hardman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »

Thanks Retro, I'll take your word for it and keep looking for some original ones.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »

For the love of Mike, I hate people who bag the shit out of stuff they know nothing about.

I have spent a lot of time with Rare Spares developing this repro to be a good copy of the original and to fit as well as they possible can. 
Then Retro says some he got years ago for an EH were poor so this means that these will be poor as well.

Hardman, why not make a judgement on the product itself rather than on somebody's ill informed say so?

Sorry if this is an over the top response but it really gets my goat

My personal opinion on the scratch plates are that they are slightly sharper in detail than originals. This sharpness will dull off as the tool wears. Also the fit on the front doors is not quite as good as the perfect fit on the rear doors. They are made of chrome plated brass like the originals so they can be shaped a little to suit. They will fit better than a lot of originals I have seen on cars. They are far superior to the stainless steel repros which have also been available for a few years now.

Ken
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »

I saw the last lot of prototype plates Rares will be making and I reckon they're way better than some second handies people want mega bucks for. I had an original set rechromed for my FB and they ended up losing detail and looking pretty ordinary so these repro ones get my vote.

Red & white is alright
retro

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 11:20:17 PM »

mcl1959... i based this on a set of eh ones, i did also say they i "dare" say they wont fit as good. I knew the eh ones were second to none, but if rare spares puts some good research into the fe-ek ones, they might prove me wrong. I really only can base it on the ones i have seen.

Id be very interested to see they quailty, and hopefully they are better than the eh ones i used a few months ago.

Actually id be very happy if they are a good fit, as it will also save me a few pennys chasing the originals.

Hopefully that goat is ok, cause it was not shot at u personally, id rather see them on a car. And if the poor bloke wants to buy some, buy all means buy some, just id want to see them fitted first.

hardman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 03:41:37 PM »

I didn't mean to start keyboard stoush  Huh

In my opinion (Not that that means anything) The more repro's that rare spares reproduce, all the better for me and everyone else that's in the hunt for bits and pieces that are becoming hard to find. There's a fair chance that It will also keep the prices down and stop people trying to charge HUGE prices for everything these days. Shocked

I'm still looking for those parts if anyone has some they want to sell.

Cheers
Hardman
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

I thought all the comments were interesting, it just shows repros made now are far superior to those made in the past.

We have real enthusiasts having large input into the making and tooling of the parts, add to this club support and the critiques of the prototypes.

The standard expected of a repro is now sky high, it would need to be to satisfy restorers and modifiers alike.

Reproductions dont really dilute the value of an original item, it just means everybody can now enjoy having a complete car.  An original in mint condition will still fetch high dollars.

my 2c

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »

Sometimes the standard expected is the Rolls Royce standard and not the Holden standard. We try to make repros as good a quality as we can but to a price that the majority can afford
Les
hardman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 07:45:52 PM »

Well, it doesn't look like anyone has or wants to part with any of the items I am after so....... BRING ON THE REPO'S Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: