FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:22:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Motor Engine Paint.  (Read 5465 times)
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I want to buy a spray can of original grey motor engine paint but am told by the local spare part shops that no one does it anymore, Yes/No ??.

Closest I can get to what appears to be a similar colour locally is a VHT colour called "Cast Iron".

Kids have decided to use my spray gun to help defeat Darth Vader in  "Star Wars At Home" Episode 1 and the gun is not usable Angry Angry Angry , and I don't want to stuff around getting another gun,finding right paint code etc.

Any constructive help appreciated,

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:49:31 PM »

The VHT cast iron paint in nothing like the grey that is used on the motor dryes flat and a different shade of grey  not sure where to get the right colour  from in pressure pack ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:21:44 PM »

Terry, go to any large Auto paint shop and ask them to make it up for you in a presure pak (spray can) tell them it for the engine & they will make it to suit (engine enamel)

393-10367      Dulux Autocolour Holden Engine Grey GMH*
leon

Model: FE

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »

G day.
I use the spray pack can from rare spares its engine grey and its good enough for me, very much like the original colour.
Problem solved. Wink
Regards. Leon
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:41:05 PM »

Thanks for warning me about the "cast iron" VHT paint 427,certainly don't want that flat grey colour!

Zulu, I'll keep that code, will save me searching for the code later on.Thanks for that info.Will try another out of town Auto paint shop to see how I go.

Leon, didn't think of Rare Spares for spray can paint supplies so will check out that line as well.Original colour would be great but I'm not an absolute purist so near enough would be good enough at least for the 2nd hand engine that I'm installing for a short time while I build a better one.

Cheers,

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
ivory

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:17:23 PM »

Hi terry, sorry to hijack your post, I am the bloke who you bought the blue ek off from Uralla - just wondering if you ever got that other grey motor going ? hows the ek ?

regards mark Cool
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »

try Power Plus PP427 engine enamel - the closest to the real colour in a spray can
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: